Head of Reception
New Priory Vets Brighton is a well-known 24/7 independent veterinary hospital with an excellent reputation, a great team and some of the most modern equipment available. We are based in a lovely location near to the South Downs, the Sea & City of Brighton.
The Head of Reception will effectively and professionally lead, manage and motivate a team of Receptionists to consistently deliver excellent levels of customer care (over the telephone, face-to-face and via written correspondence). You will be a key member of the senior leadership team.
Key priorities will be:
- ensuring customer care standards are consistently achieved and exceeded
- developing and maintaining excellent relationships with our clients (and their pets)
- structuring and growing the Reception team appropriately (attracting, developing and retaining talented Receptionists).
Your time will be spilt between:
- performing general reception duties; managing incoming calls, booking appointments, meeting and greeting clients
- devising processes, strategies, tools for ensuring excellent standards of customer care
- managing the team including managing annual leave and sickness absences; managing and devising rotas; training and developing Receptionists; recruitment; managing performance & conducting appraisals and helping your team achieve their potential.
Although you will be based at Brighton, you will need to work some shifts at our Peacehaven branch as you will be responsible for overseeing the Reception team there. Working hours will be working on average 37.5 per week with a requirement to work some late shifts and weekends on a rota basis
The ideal person should have experience of, and be confident in, managing, leading and developing a team of Receptionists with proven experience of working in a busy Reception environment. Previous experience in general practice, the NHS or a veterinary environment would be advantageous but not essential.
We are looking for someone who:
- has great personal and communication skills;
- is warm and welcoming with a friendly approach to clients (& their pets);
- takes personal responsibility for, and ownership of, developing others and strives for self and team improvement;
- is able to work confidently and competently in a busy and stressful environment.
- possesses integrity and sound personal judgment;
- has a flexible, proactive, 'can do attitude' and is able to foster such an attitude in others;
- takes a proactive stance towards problem solving;
- has a confident, positive, professional attitude and remains calm under pressure;
- has strong time management and organisation skills and is able to prioritise and plan their own time and team members' time when necessary;
- is able to promote positive behaviours and attitudes in others;
- is computer literate with a working knowledge of MS office packages. Any experience of Practice Management or computerised rota systems would be beneficial;
Salary is dependent on skills, knowledge and experience. We also provide a pension, enhanced sickness provision, employee assistance programme, annual leave entitlement (increasing with service), staff discounts and free parking on-site or nearby. In addition, we are committed to every employee's training and development.
This is a really exciting time to join New Priory Vets Brighton and you will play a key role in shaping, developing and driving our Reception team to deliver exceptional levels of customer care to match our unparalleled levels of clinical care. Admin support will be provided to support you in this vital role.
If you are interested in leading our Reception team and wish to apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering note to
Closing date: 11th August 2017