IT Development Manager - B&CE
IT Development Manager
Hours: Full Time
Salary: GBP45,000 - GBP65,000 pa
This is a fantastic opportunity if you are an established IT Development Manager and are looking to join an award winning and rapidly expanding organisation working on the software needs of the group's activities.
B&CE has been providing employee benefits for over 70 years. We began in 1942 by creating simple financial products that meet people's needs, and that's how we've run our business ever since.
The IT Development Manager will be joining an expanding team of Lead, Senior, and Support Developers and working in conjunction with the Director of IT to help develop an on-going "road map" for the organisations software within the strategic aims of the company.
As the IT Development Manager you will have numerous direct reports and will be responsible for:
- The team's performance against agreed objectives and key performance indicators.
- Leading and managing staff in line with company policies and procedures including recruitment, training & development, performance appraisal and disciplinary and grievance issues
- Developing team working principles which encourage a positive and collaborative working environment.
- Managing the quality and accuracy of code and data ensuring compliance with Data Protection and company policy
- Escalating appropriate issues to the Director of IT for resolution.
- Providing advice and support to the Programme Management Office and other stakeholders for projects and changes which impact on the IT function.
If you're right for this role
You'll enjoy working within a solutions-driven, people-focused organisation and have the following skills:
- Extensive IT development experience including design and user liaison.
- Solid IT development experience in Object Orientated Methodology.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain bespoke systems
- IT Development experience gained in a financial services environment (this would be ideal but is not essential).
B&CE is an equal opportunities employer. We believe everyone has the right to be treated fairly, with dignity and respect. We are committed to treating all our people (and all who apply for a role at B&CE) equally.