Senior Infrastructure Support Technician in Brighton
The role is accountable to the Technology Team Leader
- Ensures issues are escalated in a timely manner to Line Managers, Project Managers or the Service Desk.
- Responsible for making changes to production systems, having accountability for the availability, security and performance of those systems.
- Ensure the delivery of quality project solutions, tasks and milestones in line with agreed project timelines and budget.
- Manage own workload of Incidents, Requests, Small Changes, Project Tasks and other objectives to SLAs and agreed timelines.
- To provide handover, knowledge transfer and documentation to team/department upon completion of significant new solutions or changes.
- Understanding of the implications\restrictions of software licensing.
- Provide cover for the on-site rota, a 24x7 on call rota, to be available to implement changes outside of normal business hours including evening and weekends to meet business needs.
- To be responsible for monitoring, maintenance and patching/upgrades of FI infrastructure and systems to ensure they are secure and available to agreed SLAs.
- To respond to incidents, delivering fixes in line with SLAs and change control procedures, and escalating where there is significant impact.
- To deliver requests to SLAs or agreed timelines, delivering changes in line with change control procedures.
- To deliver small change request and project work to agreed timelines. Ensure processes and system changes are properly documented and meet requirements for security, resilience and other operational requirements and quality measures.
- To plan and prepare for production implementations, including back out plans. To represent changes and implementation plans at CAB meetings. To perform implementations out of hours (pre 8am, post 7pm) and weekends.
- Understanding of Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity and hardware/software resilience demands. Participation in the annual Disaster Recovery test.
- To drive and implement continuous improvements within the infrastructure, producing white papers for recommendation.
- To provide peers with support and guidance on areas where knowledge permits, providing overviews for knowledge transfer and peer review on continuous improvements
Skills, knowledge & experience:
- Windows Server (2003/2008/2012 and beyond), Active Directory and Windows 7. Relevant MS Qualifications desirable.
- Admin knowledge of SQL Server 2008 and above security, backups etc. Oracle Advantageous
- VMware virtualisation technologies, including high availability and Zerto. VCP desirable.
- SAN Management HP 3PAR & EMC preferred.
- Back Up applications EMC Networker preferred.
- Knowledge of several MS Server products e.g. SQL Server 2008, IIS7, Sharepoint, COM+, TFS, Exchange Server 2010.
- Knowledge/Experience of LANDesk Management Suite
- Knowledge of Networking (Cisco switches and ASA firewalls, Palo Alto Firewalls, Wifi)
- Knowledge of monitoring and alerting technologies Splunk, Netcrunch preferred.
- Understanding of Cloud Offerings incl Azure & AWS
- Proven knowledge of IT Best Practices and processes in support of a production environment in a Regulated Financial Services environment.
- Communications Skills to be able to communicate effectively to colleagues with varying technical knowledge. Having the ability to explain complex technical situations in a manner appropriate to the audience. Ability to liaise with 3rd party suppliers and technical experts to troubleshoot problems on FI Systems.
- To be able to estimate and plan own workloads, and to deliver to agreed timescales.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet business critical deadlines and SLAs.
- Ability to propose new solutions and to consider financial impact of proposed changes.
To apply for any of the roles, simply send us an email attaching your CV and telling us a little about yourself.