Chef de Partie Required
Pier Recruitment are looking for an experienced Chef de Partie to work for a reputable educational establishment based in Shoreham.
Our client is a well-established organisation who is recruiting for a Chef who is NVQ qualified and has experience within a similar position.
Duties will include:
- To prepare meals, salads, etc. as directed, using the company policies and guidelines as a minimum standard
- To ensure that meals are prepared and presented and ready for service at the published times
- To maintain a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in the food preparation and service areas always
- To constantly endeavour to improve the standard of food preparation and to incorporate any new techniques which become available
- To assist with special functions from time to time or as required, some of which may occur outside normal working times
- To carry out any reasonable request by the management team
- To attend meetings and training meetings
- Working as part of a team to create a healthy and safe environment
- To carry out all tasks in co-ordination with the safe system of work, assured safe catering and company policies
- To attend the workplace at the required time in the correct uniform to promote a professional image and good customer relations
- Free lunch will be provided when on duty
- Generous pension scheme
- Annual Leave
This position is to work on a shift rotation, which will be working Monday to Friday or Monday to Monday with 2 days off during the week. Total hours of work will be 40 hours per week, for 52 weeks of the year.
You will be:
- Reporting to the Head Chef, Sous Chef, Senior Chef de Partie and General Manager
- Responsible for Assisting the Head/Sous Chef and Senior Chef de Partie in the provision of food to the agreed standard within the budgetary limitations and the company's standards
- Assisting in the maintenance of high standards, in Hygiene and Health & Safety
- Responsible To carry out various preparations, serving and cleaning duties in the establishment under the direction of the management team
It is essential that you apply for this position if you have similar experience and either cycle or drive due to location.
If you are interest, please apply or contact
Pier Recruitment does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Pier Recruitment acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service.