Digital Product Manager
Fixed Term Contract - 12 months
Closing date: 13 August 2017 (11.30pm)
We're looking for an innovative individual with specialist digital product experience, ideally gained in a digital agency or in-house team for an online business, to join us as a Digital Product Manager.
Shelter has big ambitions for digital. Accordingly, we're growing and evolving our in-house teams. The Online team is responsible for developing and implementing an overall digital strategy and making sure best practice is applied to all online activities. They also work closely with our creative team to plan and deliver multi-channel campaigns and ensure effective creative solutions and messaging are designed and applied to all media channels.
Digital strategy, UX, front & back end development, content production, social media and search & analytics - they do all of this for areas across the organisation, including Fundraising, Campaigns, Policy, Services, Digital Advice, Volunteering and Retail.
Benefits include 30 days annual leave, the possibility of flexible working and significant opportunities for learning and development.
Your key responsibilities:
- Take a lead role in the product planning, delivery and ongoing maintenance, support and optimisation of Shelter's digital products.
- Develop and own a portfolio of roadmaps for Shelter's digital products and support and coach colleagues around the organisation to develop a digital vision for their business area.
- Help make sure our digital deliveries are as good as they can be and that we do digital every bit as well as the best teams in the public and private sector.
- Contribute to Shelter's digital product strategies in line with our strategic goals and in the best interest of those who use our digital products.
And what you'll need:
- A proven track record of leading on product development, using metrics, organisational strategic objectives and user research to validate ideas and scope and facilitating ideation and scoping within the team and with the business.
- A proactive approach and the ability to effectively communicate the principles of good digital practice and technical details of web development with technical and non-technical audiences alike.
- Experience of collaborating with experts from other teams and bringing together different specialists, enabling and empowering them to work together effectively to a common aim.
- Preferably relevant certification, ideally in an agile discipline, knowledge of common programming languages, e.g. PHP, HTML and CSS and the principles of Prince2 project management.
Shelter is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of clients, in particular children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
At Shelter, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We are facing diverse problems, so need diverse people to tackle them.
Shelter helps millions of people every year struggling with bad housing or homelessness through our advice, support and legal services. And we campaign to make sure that, one day, no one will have to turn to us for help.
We're here so no one has to fight bad housing or homelessness on their own.
Shelter does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.