Global eCommerce - Hybris & Backend Systems Development Manager
Join Our Team: Core Platforms and Enterprise Architecture
Our team is at the centre of Pearson's digital transformation. We build and own the new global platform for eCommerce and web-content using latest enterprise technologies and innovative micro-services architecture where SAP Hybris plays a crucial role.
We design, build and deliver global, foundational technology platforms that support Pearson's vision of connecting with every learner, on any device, anywhere in the world, and to improve their lives through education.
We are skilled in many areas and have responsibility over Solutions Architecture, Platform Delivery, Business Systems & Services, Content & Rights Platforms, Data Platforms, Learning Platforms, Web Foundational and Enabling Platforms.
About the job
The right person will be a high?? performing development lead with experience deploying large scale SAP Hybris eCommerce implementations. They will lead the technical transformation for the delivery of eCommerce functionality by Hybris and related back-end systems (like the Catalogue Manager). They will own all technical governance processes for the back-end development of Pearson's Global eCommerce platform.
We are looking for someone who can bring technical gravitas, thought leadership and a passion for technology and eCommerce. This is a unique opportunity for a senior technologist to help us build something that will directly enhance the lives of millions, by supporting the provision of education on a global scale.
- Define logical and application architectures using SAP Hybris technologies
- Define system integration architectures
- Ensure the integrated SAP Hybris solution adheres to non-functional requirements
- Develop technical best practices and ensure adherence to them
- Define code and development standards
- At times, this role requires hands-on coding for specific complex modules
- Perform code reviews
- Support the management of architectural and technical risk
- Work with project management and business analysts to manage the flexible scope with business owners
- Work with partner System Integrators
- Line management, technical leadership and mentoring of Hybris developers and Hybris Technical Leads
- Strong focus on the high quality throughout the entire process, working closely with the Quality Assurance stream
- Collaborate with Solutions Architects and Enterprise Architects for aspects related to integration with other systems
Skills & Abilities
- Strong SAP Hybris development and application architecture experience to deliver large scale eCommerce solutions
- Experienced working in an Agile Scrum environment and establishing efficient Agile working practices with internal teams and delivery partners
- Deep understanding of object oriented programming, relational databases, complex integration landscapes
- Experienced setting up CD/CI pipelines for Hybris, including automated API testing (Runscope)
- Expert knowledge of Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket
- J2EE, Design Patterns, Non Functional Requirements
- Min 8 years industry experience
- Experience coaching and mentoring technology talent
- This role is based in our central London office on 80 Strand, London
- There are no requirements for regular or frequent travel
- Right to work in the UK