Reports to: Head of Operations
Purpose of the Role: To drive strategy and provide the overall operational management within the Payments function.
- Owning current Payments tools, processes and procedures. Refining tools and processes in order to meet and improve upon existing metrics and key performance indicators.
- Identifying and implementing new solutions and technologies to drive the Payments team forward, deliver excellence to our customers and improve customer experience.
- Providing an on-going risk assessment of key processes and implementing risk mitigated policies, to support the business and maximise profitability.
- Delivering contact management within agreed SLA's to help meet strategic objectives of the business.
- Developing and maintaining strategy to ensure all departmental objectives, KPI's and SLA's are met and ideally exceeded.
- Ensuring effective business continuity plans are in place and communicated across the team in order to maintain 24/7/365 Payments capabilities.
- Acting as the principal point of contact for all escalations of Payments issues.
- Working in partnership with other key stakeholders in the business, to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and adherence to company procedures.
- Designing and delivering high value management reporting processes.
- Identifying new payment systems globally, including management of the delivery and deployment process.
- Managing all PSP's, verification providers, acquirers and other 3rd Party systems required to maintain the payments function.
- Providing oversight and guidance from a Payments perspective on other operational areas.
- Leading the Payments team to deliver a fast and efficient payments-processing environment.
- Developing the Payments team through coaching, mentoring and continuous feedback.
- Effectively managing resources and proactively planning resourcing needs for the department.
- Sourcing and attracting top talent from outside of the Company to join the team, as and when required.
- Effectively training new recruits to develop the next generation of leaders.
- Actively developing succession plans within the team.
- Continually assessing the team though the agreed QA process and annual appraisal process.
- Empowering the team to provide a world class service and assisting in development of a supportive and dynamic company culture, focused on service excellence.
- Keeping abreast of professional knowledge by participating in training, maintaining personal networks and studying developments within the industry.
- Escalating issues to Head of Operations as appropriate.
- Undertaking other reasonable duties as instructed by senior management.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience within online payments, e-commerce or gambling industry.
- Solid Payments background.
- Knowledge and experience of online payments, banking and payments processing.
- Proven ability in identifying and recommending improvements that demonstrate ROI.
- Experience in working in a highly regulated environment.
- Demonstrable management experience with the ability to lead and motivate others.
- Strong operational background of managing teams in a 24/7 environment.
- Ability to work with numerous internal and external cross functional teams and multi-tasking of projects.
- Experience of managing online banking relationships.
- IT skills including a highly developed excel skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Solid analytical skills and ability to create business cases based on analytics.
- Proactive and results-driven approach.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Excellent prioritising skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer focus.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Russian.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business Management, Finance or IT.
- Experience in managing regulatory relationships and inspections regimes.