Reports to: Compliance Manager
Purpose of the Role: To implement the Company's compliance strategy, follow compliance processes and procedures and liaise with regulatory bodies and relevant third parties to ensure highest levels of compliance on all levels.
• Ensures furtherance of the Company's compliance responsibilities.
• Ensuring business activities are conducted in conformity with all applicable laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures.
• Serving as liaison and developing relationships with local and foreign regulators and legal bodies.
• Liaising with other companies, service providers, external legal advisors, local government, regulatory authorities (local and foreign) and relevant service providers in various jurisdictions.
• Ensuring local and foreign regulatory permissions remain current and appropriate for business needs.
• Continually risk assessing company practices and policies, including conducting regular compliance reviews of internal departments.
• Developing internal policies and procedures, compliance training and protocols.
• Providing guidance and training in business-wide compliance policies and procedures, laws and regulations applicable to the business.
• Providing reporting with respect to regulatory requirements and developments to the Board of Directors.
• Preparing compliance documentation with relevant constitutive documents for statutory, legal and regulatory purposes.
• Maintaining and reviewing legal agreements.
• Responding to queries and investigations conducted by various official bodies as the principal point of contact.
• Independently investigating and acting on matters related to compliance.
• Developing policies and programs that encourage managers and employees to report suspected fraud and other improprieties.
• Keeping abreast of regulatory developments and industry initiatives. Networking and participating in training as appropriate to maintain own professional expertise and CPD.
• Undertaking other reasonable duties.
Required Skills and Abilities
• A minimum of 3 years in a similar role.
• Integrity and accountability.
• Proven commercial acumen.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to influence and quickly build strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong working knowledge of compliance matters and the ability to apply it to a variety of situations.
• Ability to understand complex legal information and explain it to operational staff in a straightforward way.
• Excellent prioritising skills, with the ability to work under pressure.
• Strong analytical and reporting skills.
• Proactive and results-driven approach.
• Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing policies and procedures.
• Committed to upholding professional standards.
Desirable Skills and Abilities
• Law degree or equivalent.
• Experience within online gaming industry.