Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Co-ordinator (HSEQ Coordi
Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Co-ordinator in Lancing (HSEQ Coordinator)
We are looking for someone enthusiastic, well organised with the ability to hit the ground running for this position in a highly successful transport and warehousing organisation based in Lancing.
The successful applicant will be assisting the General Manager and Operations Department to ensure health and safety of all staff and quality and environmental compliance whilst delivering Lifting Operations, Road haulage and Warehousing.
You will demonstrate a keen eye for detail, be highly organised and efficient and work well under pressure. You will also possess very strong administration skills.
Computer Literacy in Word, Excel and Databases is essential as is previous administrative / personal office assistant work at a senior level.
It would be beneficial if you have an interest or experience in the transport industry or have worked for a company who adhere to ''best practice''
Your main duties will involve;
- Maintaining compliance records, management systems and processes for recording and co-ordinating SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environment and Quality) and our O-Licence.
- Provide support to the Operations Department In the development and implementation of the SHEQ + O-Licence Management System.
- Provide support and advice to teams to ensure that risks are identified and controlled and HSE legislation, O-Licence, industry best practice and guidance are complied with.
- Auditing files and paperwork to ensure compliance with various accreditations held by the company.
- Gathering information from various departments and systems within the company and reporting and recording accordingly.
- Lead and support with communications throughout the business including bulletins and toolbox talks.
- Organising, booking and recording statutory maintenance and inspection programme.
- Analysing data, preparing documents.
- Manage and maintaining training requirements and records.
- Administrating Insurance Claims, incidents and accident reports - liaising with insurers.
- Supplier approvals including PQQ's and Tender documentation.
- Ad hoc duties as workload dictates including scanning, filing and data entry and answering Operations Department overflow calls.
- Supporting the General Manager and Operations departments.
- Promoting best practice in Health and Safety, Road Haulage and Lifting Operations.
- Health and safety knowledge and experience
- Ability to understand an implement different accreditation standards to the business.
- Qualifications in H+S, Quality, Auditing and Business Administration would be an advantage.
- Previous experience in Road Haulage and Lifting Operations is desirable
- Understanding of and experience in management systems and accreditations such as ISO, FORS, SAFE Contractor, CHAS etc
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to engage with internal staff, customers and suppliers
- Excellent communication skills - verbal, written etc
- Excellent IT Skills - Full Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and a range of online systems.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to support multiple projects and systems, ability to hit the ground running
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: GBP21,000.00 to GBP26,000.00 /year
Applicants should send a CV with covering email to .