Apprentice Administrative Assistant
Corin Dudley Electrical Services Ltd, based in Polegate, East Sussex are recruiting an Apprentice Administrative Assistant. This is the perfect role for someone that wants to work in a varied workplace, gain a nationally recognised qualification and join a friendly and supportive team. If you have great IT skills and are motivated, apply now!
Corin Dudley Electrical Services Ltd are looking to recruit a responsible Apprentice Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks.
- Duties include providing support to our managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing our company's general administrative activities.
The successful candidate will be required to achieve an intermediate Apprenticeship consisting of a Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Business, plus Functional Skills in English, Maths, and ICT at Level 1 (unless exempt).
The key tasks will include:
- Answer and direct phone calls.
- Organise and schedule appointments.
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memo, letters, faxes and forms.
- Booking appointments for customers and internal staff using our booking system.
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external customers.
- Liaise with senior administrative assistant to handle requests and queries from senior managers.
Working week Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm, 40 hours per week
Weekly wage GBP162.00 - GBP282.00 (Minimum wage for age)
Expected apprenticeship duration 16 months
Possible start date 25 Sep 2017
Apprenticeship level Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The essential skills for the role include:
- Proficiency in MS office
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Customer service orientation
- Motivated, Able to work on their own and part of a team
- Able to adapt to change
- People person
You must have a minimum of 5 GCSEs, grade A*-C or equivalent. One of these must include English Language.
In the future, as you gain experience there will be opportunities to move to other related roles within the administration side of the business. This may lead you into specialist areas of the business such as human resources, health and safety, which may require further qualifications. We are an employer that gives our employees training opportunities to progress and within the Administrative role there would be an opportunities to progress further to higher levels on NVQ in Administration and Management.
Things to consider You will be paid minimum wage for your age which will be subject to review after 3 months. The Company is based in Polegate. If you do not have a car there is Public Transport that stops outside the Chaucer Business Park.