Infrastructure Engineer - Business Systems, Networks & Storage - B&CE
Infrastructure Engineer - Business Systems, Networks & Storage
Hours: Full Time
Our IT Team is continuing to change and evolve and we are now looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join the existing team in managing the physical and virtual IT Systems in a rapidly expanding organisation. Are you looking to work within a team of enthusiastic and like-minded individuals who love technology and providing a seamless service to both internal and external customers?
About the Company
B&CE has been providing employee benefits for over 70 years. We began in 1942 by creating simple financial products that meet people's needs, and that's how we've run our business ever since.
We provide simple, good value products and services and our first class support and customer service has won awards.
We go that extra mile to ensure we are
- Creating Simplicity
- Showing Compassion
- Keeping Promises
Our people are our strength. Finding ways to value and reward them is important to us. And if you're keen to learn, develop your career and do great things - you're looking in the right place.
About the role
The Infrastructure Engineer will assist in maintaining and standardising B&CEs IT hardware, software, telecommunications and networking capabilities. Providing 3rd level support for all network, storage and business systems service requests.
Adhering to ITIL best practices this role will support the Head of IT Services and Information Systems Manager to deliver a 1st class service to internal customers.
Some key responsibilities:
- Providing 3rd line support to enable a dove-tailed and consistent level of IT service to the business that assures infrastructure and system capacity and availability is in line with future needs
- Performing maintenance, design, development and analysis of entire infrastructure systems inclusive of LANs, WANs, internet, security and wireless implementations
- Performing day-to-day business as usual operational activities, ensuring scheduled jobs are performed
- Continually monitoring and servicing B&CE's information systems, including networking, storage and server infrastructures and implementing technical solutions if needed
- Participate in senior technical team meetings and workshops to adapt the IT systems offering to support and enable the business' needs
- Communicate between all IT operational teams to continually deliver service excellence to B&CE staff
Right for this role
- You will have solid experience in 3rd line infrastructure and system support, preferably within an ITIL environment.
- Support of business applications within a corporate environment
- Worked within SLAs and provide relevant reporting on KPI's
- IT Project participation and delivery
- Educated to Degree level (technical degree or equivalent)
- Strong Active Directory knowledge
- Solid knowledge of MS Exchange 2010/2013
- Windows Server 2008/2012
- Previous experience supporting virtual environments preferably using Hyper V (VMware would be considered)
- Routers, Firewalls, VPN and wireless
- SCCM would be highly desirable
B&CE is an equal opportunities employer. We believe everyone has the right to be treated fairly, with dignity and respect. We're committed to treating all our people (and all who apply for a role at B&CE) equally.