Commercial Assurance Manager - B&CM
The Commercial Assurance Team help clients manage their third party risk, deliver compliance and enhance value from their third party relationships.
Third party challenges are closely linked to wider industry hot topics, so the Commercial Assurance team works closely with other PwC FS propositions including the regulatory, technology, business resilience and the operations transformation advisory teams to bring clients joined up solutions. This means that there is a wide range of opportunities for career and personal development both not just within the team, but within the wider PwC firm.
About the role
Financial Services organisations have become more complex, global and interconnected, due to mergers and acquisitions or in an effort to grow the business or cut costs, complex business models have evolved with increased dependency on third parties and global intra-group affiliates. This complexity and the resulting opaqueness of the supply of services have led to increased management overheads and investment because of the increased effort needed to properly assess and manage the risk. Additionally this is a topic that is high on the global regulatory agenda; regulators see this as a significant risk to financial stability and are using their powers to enforce improved practices across the industry. There have been several high profile instances where organisations have not had the visibility or properly managed the risks from services provided by third parties or affiliates resulting in outages, fines and significant reputation damage.
Regulators are also tackling this issue together as part of other key areas of focus such as resolution and recovery planning (RRP), ring-fencing and broader operational risk improvements.
The Commercial Assurance team help clients assess and improve their practices for managing outsourcing and third party risk. We provide a variety of services and run a number of engagements with clients, from diagnostic and gap analysis to full scale design, build and solution implementations.
Because these challenges are closely linked to other industry hot topics, the team works closely with other propositions including the regulatory, technology, business resilience and the operations transformation advisory teams to bring clients joined up solutions.
The role holder will join a high performing, ambitious and rapidly growing team; with this comes the opportunity to contribute to the direction of the proposition, support the growth of the team, take on additional responsibility and progress quickly.
- Managing client engagements and project delivery
- Managing small teams and mentoring junior staff
- Have autonomy over key tasks
- Document and process reviews and analytics through testing in audit. i.e. conclusion analytics
- Developing deliverables and outputs for clients
- Building relationships internally and with clients roles, especially with international and demanding clients
- Supporting sales and marketing efforts
- Helping with thought leadership and developing the proposition
- Graduate or equivalent qualification
- Professional Qualification. e.g. CA CIPS or APICS
- Previous experience managing a team
- A sound business understanding, commercially and risk aware (sourcing experience preferable)
- Experience from within the Financial Services sector
- Experience in at least two of the following - risk, control, sourcing, managed services, professional services, assurance
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal writing and in particular
- Excellent people and relationship management skills, with the ability to operate and manage stakeholders at all levels within a complex matrix environment
- Self-starter, able to work effectively as part of a 'virtual team'
- Excellent project management and organisation skills
- Positive, 'can-do' approach
- Empathy & Resilience
- Creative and innovative, with ability to bring fresh insight, ideas and perspective to the role
- Ability to see the bigger picture and put issues into perspective
- Work effectively as part of a 'virtual team'
- Excellent organisation skills
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It's work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here