Therapeutic Home Manager - Littlehampton, West Sussex
Therapeutic Home Manager
Full-time, permanent (including on-call duties)
Littlehampton, West Sussex
Amicus provides care, education and treatment to emotionally traumatised children aged 5 - 18 years old. We are a small, innovative independent children's therapeutic community accredited by the Royal College of Psychiatrists
We currently have a full-time a vacancy for a Therapeutic Home Manager and are looking for an experienced, committed and creative individual who is interested in developing their career as a manager in therapeutic child care. This is a uniquely rewarding opportunity for someone looking for a new challenge.
If you have???
- an interest in working psychodynamically, integrating a therapeutic model within managing a staff team and providing care and nurture to the children,
- a passion for wanting to make a difference and in helping children to achieve and recover from their trauma,
- proven experience in residential child care,
- proven experience in a management role,
- a Level 3 Diploma (or NQV L3) in Children and Young People,
- a good standard of education to at least GCSE level or equivalent,
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare or equivalent or a willingness to work towards this qualification,
???then you could be the person we are looking for!
This is by no means an easy job, but one which requires hard work and perseverance with a determination to make a lasting and meaningful difference in the lives of young people.
The task of the Therapeutic Home Manager role is to oversee the running of the home and to provide management support to the staff in the home. It is also to support and ensure there is a high standard of therapeutic care and nurture to the children and that good parental care is modelled. This is in accordance with regulatory requirements and also our model of therapeutic practice. Extensive training and support will be provided.
For further information and to apply for this post please contact Rebecca Newton, Director, by clicking on the 'Apply' button for an application pack or by phoning .
Closing date: 5.00pm on Friday, 8th September 2017.???
Amicus is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. Applicants will therefore undergo Enhanced DBS checks and Warner interviews as part of our Safer Recruitment Process.