Director of Energy Risk
~~DESCRIPTION/ JOB PURPOSE
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and motivated individual who has a keen interest in managing the clearing hose energy risk team. As a senior member of the team, the incumbent will manage the team on a day-to-day basis, identify, develop and implement risk management tools and techniques to enhance analytics capability. The clearing house energy products includes oil, natural gas, electricity, emissions and the candidate must have relevant experience and knowledge in one or more of the clearing house energy asset classes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the Energy risk management framework, risk model enhancements and ensuring risk policies are being adhered to and consistent with regulatory and industry standards.
• Work with senior management, committees and regulatory bodies to balance global regulatory standards and business requirements.
• Lead the energy risk team and collaborate with the group colleagues on key policy and methodology development.
• Conduct mathematical/statistical analysis in order to calibrate and enhance risk models.
• Ensure model performance tests are undertaken in order to demonstrate policy adherence.
• Frequent verbal and written communication with representatives from the clearing members, committees and other stakeholders on related issues
• Documentation and presentation of risk polices and models for members, regulators, risk committees and other governance functions.
• Conduct project work and run thematic or ad-hoc market research on relevant risk topics
• Degree educated in Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or other numerical disciplines
• Energy product specialist within a clearing house, bank, energy traders, broker or hedge fund
• Knowledge of the financial derivatives and energy markets
• Established working relationships with regulatory bodies is highly desirable
• Working experience with the Value at Risk models, stress testing
• Solid knowledge in statistics especially time series analysis
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Experience in managing people/leading teams
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft office, Word, Excel and Access
• Desirable skills would include R, Python, and SQL