Receptionist /Administrator : Varian
Job title: Receptionist /Administrator
Salary: GBP18k /year
Work hours: 33 hours/week
Monday to Thursday: 8am - 4pm
Friday: 8am - 1pm
Start date: ASAP
The receptionist plays a key role in ensuring that all callers and visitors receive a professional and friendly welcome. All visitors and callers must be dealt with promptly, courteously, effectively and in line with Varian's procedures.
- Ensure that reception is manned during agreed times, arranging for cover as necessary.
- Greet all visitors and ensure that they sign the visitor's book on entry and exit and that they are issued with and return a visitors badge.
- Ensure visitors are made comfortable during any wait in the reception area.
- Answer all calls to the switchboard (both internal and external), screen and redirect as appropriate. Take and forward messages.
- Open incoming post and distribute promptly.
- Frank all outgoing mail ensuring that the correct rates are used. Maintain credit on the machine at all times. Collect and record payment for private mail processed through the franking system.
- Keep the reception area tidy at all times and report any maintenance issues to Facilities.
- Ensure the reception handbook is kept up to date at all times.
- Provide administrative support.
- Take responsibility for maintaining knowledge of emergency and security procedures and your role in these.
- This list is not exhaustive and other tasks within the scope and capabilities of the post-holder may be allocated from time to time.
Education / Experience: Things incumbent needs TO KNOW to successfully perform in the job
Education requirements: Educated to GCSE level.
Knowledge: Things incumbent needs TO KNOW to successfully perform on the job
Information Technology: Able to use switchboard equipment as provided.
Knowledge of Good PC / MS Office software.
Customers: Polite, friendly manner with clear telephone voice.
Health and Safety: Must be aware of the fire evacuation procedure.