The job comprises of the following:
• Managing completion of the annual budget process for responsible companies, according to the budget process timetable.
• Update and maintain the monthly budgets and compare them to actual.
• Review of coding of all transactions to ensure consistent with budgets and that they are correctly allocated, ensuring management accounts are accurate.
• Production of monthly management accounts, analysis and commentary for three main companies and consolidate those accounts into one board finance pack. Meet with the Finance Director to present.
• Completion of monthly balance sheet reconciliations to ensure full control and understanding.
• Be responsible for ensuring that all financial data is input into Sage 200 in timely and accurate manner.
• Be responsible for completion of VAT returns and EC Sales lists.
• Processing and raising of invoices (sales and purchases) and expenses - authorisation, processing, and setting up for payment without supervision
• Preparation of bank and petty cash and all other balance sheet reconciliations
• Reconciling intercompany transactions
• Liaise with auditors, including the preparation of audit files.
• Dealing with credit control - Approving all new sales orders raised from a credit control point of view.
• Prepare weekly sales reporting for the sales director.
• Analysing current systems at Alma and implementing new systems to make the company work more efficiently and effectively.
What you'll need to succeed:
• In order to succeed you will need to be an academically excellent candidate with a 2:1 or above from a good University. You will need to have strong communication skills and good work ethic, along with that you will also need to have Accounting experience preferably in a small company.
• You must have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Part qualified accountant or "qualified by experience"
• Knowledge of Sage 200 would be an advantage.
• Possess excellent time and self-management skills.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Technically strong, possessing a complete understanding of standard accounting policies