4 days left
- Part Time
Immediate start available!
We have an opportunity for an Associate Lecturer in Upholstery and Soft Furnishings to join the team based at our Chichester campus on a variable hours basis for a fixed term contract of 1 year. You will receive a competitive salary of £17.48 - £30.70 per hour
From 1 August 2017, Central Sussex College will change its name to Crawley College. It will also merge with Chichester College as part of a group structure.
Chichester College is the largest provider of further education in West Sussex. In 2014 the college was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted in all four areas, Outcomes for Learners, Teaching, Learning & Assessment, Leadership and Management and Overall Effectiveness. 8 out of 9 curriculum areas inspected were judged to be outstanding. We are a key provider of education and employment to those in our local communities and make a critical contribution to local economic development. We were established in Chichester in 1964 and also have a 570 acre land-based provision on our Brinsbury campus near Pulborough. We employ over 1,250 full and part-time staff.
As our Associate Lecturer in Upholstery and Soft Furnishings your role will be to inspire and motivate students through the delivery of a range of qualification courses to provide a high quality learning experience.
Key Responsibilities as our Associate Lecturer in Upholstery and Soft Furnishings
- Undertake teaching and learning related activities, as agreed.
- Ensure that appropriate learning materials are prepared and assessments and assignments are undertaken in a timely manner.
- Undertake administration and provide reports and statistics regarding student and teaching matters.
- Contribute to the development of curricula and learning activities, taking into consideration literacy and numeracy development, and equality and diversity.
- Understand personal responsibilities in relation to Safeguarding.
- Keep up-to-date with current issues, changes, and policies relating to the educational sector.
- Adopt a proactive approach to participation in appropriate meetings and training, as agreed with the curriculum area.
- Undertake the delivery of literacy and numeracy.
Skills & Experience required of Associate Lecturer in Upholstery and Soft Furnishings:
- Hold a Level 3 qualification in a relevant subject and
- Have proven knowledge in this field.
- Experience up to an advanced standard in Soft Furnishings, Modern and Traditional Upholstery
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Competitive salary and holiday benefits.
- All staff are eligible to join the Local Government or Teachers' final salary pension schemes.
- Opportunities for career and professional development.
- Recognition schemes including Star Team and Chairman's Award.
- Occupational maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption benefits.
- Through Sodexho, the College has a Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Gym membership is available at a discounted price for staff.
- Discounted rates for the College's Hair and Beauty salon and access to the training restaurant for lunches and dinners with exciting menus.
Closing date: 24 August 2017
Interview date: 7 September 2017
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Associate Lecturer in Upholstery and Soft Furnishings then please click ‘apply' now! We'd love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.