Business Change Projects Manager
About the role
Our Commodities and Global Markets (CGM) EMEA COO team has an opportunity for a Manager to join the team based in London. In this role you will be assisting the businesses in delivering business change initiatives, including key regulatory reform across Europe.
These projects tend to have business-wide impacts that cannot be managed solely within any single business and therefore require someone centrally to assist in coordination and implementation at a senior level across the CGM businesses.
- Assist in coordinating the analysis and implementation of significant projects affecting CGM businesses and various internal projects
- Ensure that all projects are well managed, controlled and deliver the objectives and benefits within time and budget and to agreed quality levels.
- Create an environment that highlights risks and issues in a timely manner. Manage these risks and issues and take action to mitigate/solve them.
- Assist with/ lead the analysis of the regulatory requirement/s and how it/they impact/s the relative business/es
- Work closely with IT to ensure development and release schedules meet business expectations and identifying any issues in a timely manner
- Identify structural solutions including deployment of resources
- Develop and contribute to senior CGM management reporting regarding these projects
- Develop and contribute to training programmes regarding these projects
- Manage change requests and priority changes in dynamic business-lead environment
- Prepare and deliver effective project presentations as required
About you: Skills, Experience and Qualifications required:
- Strong practical experience as a Project Manager, within banking, focusing on business and regulatory change initiatives.
- Experience with building/assessing governance and compliance frameworks in response to new regulations and standards
- Proven effective communication skills with stakeholder sets that include the global business, Operations, Legal teams and Compliance to deliver timely solutions
- Experience with Board and senior management reporting
- Cross-border experience with different Global regulatory regimes preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills
- Broad understanding of front, middle, and back office functions
- Good understanding of trading systems
- Outstanding academic results in a relevant discipline such as Finance, Economics, Accounting or Law or relevant regulatory project management experience
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.