Precision Engineering Apprentice
Full-time Apprentice required for a small subcontract engineering company working in the Aerospace and commercial sectors.
Shanick Engineering has been a family run business since the 1970's, producing high precision, high quality parts.
We work to extremely tight tolerances and quality procedures, the position would suit conscientious and methodical individuals.
• Comply with the relevant health and safety standards
• High level of technical competency for the job function and employ 'best practice' techniques
- Adopt a continuous improvement philosophy
- Employ initiative and decision making for the benefit of the effective, safe production
- Competent in data communications to production equipment
- To be technically competent for the job function
- Carry out effectively the maintenance requirements of the machine tools or equipment being used
- To be alert to broken or damaged tools and ensure immediate corrective action
- Ensure and to be responsible for the correct operation once delegated to operator
- To ensure all products conform to the required quality level before release from work station
- Ensuring that all in-cycle activities are performed as instructed not necessary listed on the 'works orders' - de-burring
- Ensure the equipment is maintained during the working shift and the level of cleanliness is maintained between job change overs and at the end of shift, to the satisfaction of supervisors
- Maintain up to date status / verification of work instructions (works orders)
- To ensure that all validation checks are carried out and recorded
Ensure all inspection checks required are performed and recorded legibly to the quality department procedures
The salary for this position will be reviewed and adjusted after a successful first full month.