Halls of Residence Supervisor
5 days left
- Part Time
Chichester College have an opportunity for Halls of Residence Supervisor to join the team at our Stockbridge Halls of Residence. You will join us on part time, permanent basis and will receive a salary pro rata of £16,793 - £17,822 per annum.
From 1 August 2017, Central Sussex College will change its name to Crawley College. It will also merge with Chichester College as part of a group structure.
Chichester College is the largest provider of further education in West Sussex. In 2014 the college was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted in all four areas, Outcomes for Learners, Teaching, Learning & Assessment, Leadership and Management and Overall Effectiveness. 8 out of 9 curriculum areas inspected were judged to be outstanding. We are a key provider of education and employment to those in our local communities and make a critical contribution to local economic development. We were established in Chichester in 1964 and also have a 570 acre land-based provision on our Brinsbury campus near Pulborough. We employ over 1,250 full and part-time staff.
As our Halls of Residence Supervisor you will oversee the welfare and security of residential students aged 18 and over, undertake administrative and housekeeping duties and help maintain the site. You will co-ordinate with Chichester University on this.
The role combines supervisory, welfare and administrative duties and is subject to the ANUK Code of Standards.
Working hours: Up to 35.5 hours per week are available, which may include day/night and weekend shifts. Working hours will be discussed at interview.
Responsibilities of the Halls of Residence Supervisor:
- The welfare and supervision of all students within the Halls of Residence, as specified by the British Council and ANUK Code of Standards.
- The maintenance of relevant security and Health and Safety procedures, e.g. ensuring that signing in/out procedures and rules regarding visitors are adhered to.
- Reception duties, including assistance to residents, dealing with residents' post, the provision and display of information and the maintenance of the reception area.
- Liaising with duty security personnel.
- To keep accurate logs of events and have detailed handovers at the start and finish of each shift.
- Daily monitoring of Health & Safety equipment and fire exits.
- Maintaining standards of student behaviour and procedure as established in Halls Guidelines and Regulations.
- To carry out inspections where necessary.
- Assisting in the Risk Assessment process in Halls.
- The maintenance of student records and information.
- The monitoring of sick students and alternative feeding arrangements as advised by the University staff.
- The discipline and enforcement of specific regulations for students within the Halls, including checks on noise level.
Skills & Experience required by the Halls of Residence Supervisor:
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of working in a welfare-related role and working with young people.
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Competitive salary and holiday benefits.
- All staff are eligible to join the Local Government or Teachers' final salary pension schemes.
- Opportunities for career and professional development.
- Recognition schemes including Star Team and Chairman's Award.
- Occupational maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption benefits.
- Through Sodexho, the College has a Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Gym membership is available at a discounted price for staff.
- Discounted rates for the College's Hair and Beauty salon and access to the training restaurant for lunches and dinners with exciting menus.
Closing date: 24th August 2017
Interview date: 6th September 2017
If you feel you have the skills and experience required for the Halls of Residence Supervisor role, please click ‘Apply' today.
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.