DKMS is a global family of organisations that started in Germany in 1991 around one family’s search for a donor. Dr. Peter Harf founded DKMS in honour of Peter’s wife Mechtild, who had sadly lost her battle with blood cancer.
DKMS has grown to become the world’s largest stem cell donor centre. Over 64,000 people have made a potentially lifesaving blood stem cell donation since 1991. Today, over 7 million potential donors have registered across the five countries in Germany, the US, Poland, the UK and in Spain. Since starting in 2013, DKMS UK has registered over 300,000 potential donors.
To support the Head of Administration and Data Management in ensuring the effective and smooth running of the UK office and providing excellent customer service to a range of stakeholders.
The Administration Department is responsible for office management, facilities management, data administration and IT support. As the first point of contact for enquiries, the department maintains the highest level of service to both internal and external stakeholders.The department supports the work of all employees by ensuring the office is fully stocked, safe, clean and enjoyable to work in.
• Field incoming calls and answer email and in-person enquiries, ensuring the highest standards of customer care are achieved at all times.
• Sign for deliveries, handle incoming and outgoing post (for all departments) and organise couriers.
• Organise office provisions: fruit delivery, milk, tea coffee etc.
• Order stationary and other office supplies (IT equipment, furniture etc.)
• Take responsibility for the sign in/out of team mobile phones, cameras, PDQ machines, Laptop etc.
• Arrange meetings, book meeting rooms and organise beverages and set up of IT equipment.
• Organise travel and accommodation for staff members.
• Support Data Admin team where needed.
• To support the Head of Administration and Data Management with day to day property management including arranging for repairs and liaising with cleaners, waste removal company and utility suppliers.
• To support the Head of Administration and Data Management in the regular maintenance of air con, boiler, lift, CCTV etc.
Health and Safety:
• To support the Head of Administration and Data Management with health and safety arrangements such as fire alarm, fire extinguisher, and PAT testing and ensuring first aid box is fully stocked.
• Provide basic IT support and liaise with IT department in Germany to ensure that systems are working efficiently.
• Arrange IT set up for all new starters including set up of phone access.
• Arrange regular maintenance of printers/photocopiers/franking machine.
• Organise staff social events.
• Take minutes at meetings as requested.
• Any other duties as requested by the Head of Administration and Data Management.
• 1-2 years experience in a comparable role.
• Excellent customer service skills with the ability to demonstrate sensitivity and empathy.
• Friendly and approachable with an excellent telephone manner.
• Well organised with strong attention to detail.
• Strong written communication skills.
• Able to multitask and keep calm under pressure.
• Able to work on own initiative
• Flexible approach with the ability to adapt to new and changing situations.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Strong passion for the DKMS mission.
Conditions of Employment:
• 37.5 hour week, Monday to Friday
• 25 days’ holiday per annum (plus public holidays).
• DKMS pension scheme - automatic enrolment contribution rate: 1% employee, 2% employer or contractual contribution rate: 3% employee, 5% employer.
• Salary - advised to candidates on request to DKMS UK HR office.
Salary: £25k + Pension
Please apply online for this Office Administrator role with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.