Lead Business Architect
At Lloyds Banking Group we've built the UK's largest Digital Bank. We have increased the number of active online banking users by to 12.5 million, with mobile users increasing to over 8 million. We invested GBP750 million in digital between 2012-2014 and have committed a further GBP1 billion in the three years to the end of 2017 to provide our customers with the opportunity to bank with us how, when and where they want to. We strive daily towards our vision of being the best bank for our customers, and we're well on our way thanks to the efforts of our people and their passion of making a difference.
Business Architects work throughout Lloyds Banking Group to own the design integrity across a business or a business unit, developing the Target Operating Model (TOM) to align with the business strategy. They also work across large change programmes, taking accountability for ensuring that projects deliver a scope and business solution that is in line with the TOM, the agreed business design principles and other in-flight projects. The remit of this role is to use expert design & solution architecture skills and knowledge to design and support the delivery of solutions within area of specialism (Business and Technical) and to contribute to the development and implementation of Group IT plans in line with the overall strategy of Group IT and the business.
You will work with the Lead Solution Architect to design solutions for large projects and programmes, through expert knowledge translate high level business requirements into technology designs & architectures that align to business and technology Divisional strategic design & architecture. Additionally you will manage business and IT stakeholders to secure strong engagement for the solution and ensure that the delivery of the project aligns to longer term strategic roadmaps for the division and Group IT. You'll also work as part of the programme delivery team on large programmes, governing and shaping the delivery of projects and will work closely with external suppliers to ensure solution makes best use of technology and meets requirements.
Accountabilities will include;
* Simplifying the existing designs, delivering reusable services and cost saving opportunities in line with the policies and standards of the group
* Lead collaborative working with other areas within Architecture, Methodology & Innovation (AMI), other CIO areas and ITS to ensure that all solutions are complete, operable, conform to business processes and meet the business needs with the agreed quality of service
* Responsible throughout the entire project lifecycle for aspects of the solution for the project.
* Provide clear, continuous and consistent solution architecture leadership at a detailed level within the project
* Ensure solutions are fit for purpose, meet the needs of business, the agreed requirements and are both pragmatic and supportive of the Business & Technology Divisional strategic architecture direction
* Support the peer review and QA of project design & architectural artefacts across CIO through governance forums
* Represent key design & architecture decisions and implications to the Group design & architectural governance forums.
To succeed you'll need previous experience in a Business Architecture role, with proven experience covering a scale of change into the GBPm's. Strong interpersonal skills will be essential.
Our culture in Group IT brings together smart, talented, driven people from a diversity of backgrounds; people are at the core of who we are. We appreciate each other as individuals whose careers have taken all kinds of paths. Your ability to connect with your team, provide innovative solutions and create an environment where all can thrive is critical to your success.
In return we'll offer you a great package including a performance related bonus, car/allowance, generous pension contribution, 30 Days leave plus bank holidays, a flexible cash pot to spend on benefits and other wider corporate benefits and perks.
We also support work/life balance friendly options such as occasional home-working and we're passionate about diversity in the workplace.
So, if you have the experience we're seeking then get in touch, we'd like to hear from you???.