Qualified Social Worker - Children and Families Assessment Team - Leat
Socialwork 2000 are looking for an experienced Social Worker to join a Children and Families Assessment Team based in Leatherhead, Surrey. Pay rate: GBP28ph
Job role and requirements:
As a member of the Assessment and Intervention teams you will be working with children from pre-birth to 18, in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Both teams are supported by strong management, regular supervision and a culture of learning and development, with opportunities to access a range of training activities.
- Undertaking Child and Family Assessments
- Completion of Section 47/child protection processes
- The provision of a child in need offer through intensive direct work
- Involvement in private law proceedings (section 7 and Special Guardianship reports
- To provide the social work service of assessment of need, care planning and, as appropriate, child protection investigation, to prevent the separation of children from their families where possible, and to ensure that children and young people are adequately protected in line with departmental policy, procedures and relevant legislation.
- To support alternative permanent care for children who have to be separated from their families in a timely fashion. To supervise fostering / adoption arrangements.
- To contribute to ensuring a positive, high profile for Surrey Children's service in its dealings with the public, users and carers and external agencies.
- Taking guidance from more experienced staff, the role holder will undertake child protection investigations, act as key worker to children/young people with a Child Protection Plan, and undertake all related statutory responsibilities.
- They will assess and manage the risk involved in protecting vulnerable children and young people with the support of the Team Manager and Service Manager, distinguishing levels of risk for different situations, to prevent harm and abuse.
- Job holders will also contribute to the regular monitoring and review of services established to facilitate service improvement
- Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years PQ experience in social work
- Qualified Social Worker BA/DipSW/CQSW or equivalent
- Current registration with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Must be a car driver
- Pay rate: GBP28ph
- In-house payroll
- Your own dedicated consultant who can guide you through the process and assist you each step of the way
Whether you are looking for your first, or next locum role, SocialWork 2000 are here to help you. However, if the time isn't right for you, but you have a colleague or friend (who is a qualified Social Worker) and is looking for a locum role, just refer them to us.
Step 1: for anyone you refer, we register, and we promote for work you will receive GBP50*
Step 2: for anyone you have referred and we place you will then receive a second payment of GBP50* on their first day of work.
Step 3: for anyone you have referred you will receive a third payment of GBP100* once they have completed a qualifying period of 375 hours of work.
Apply now or get in touch for more information; Call us on or email
(*Terms and Conditions apply. For more information please get in touch).