Assistant Team Manager (Social Worker) - Looked after Children Team -G
Socialwork 2000 are looking for an experienced Assistant Team Manager (Qualified Social Worker) to join a Looked after Children Team based in Guildford, Surrey. Pay rate: GBP38ph
About the Team:
Our office is just 15 minutes south of the M25 (junction 10), just west of the historic town centre of Guildford and near to the borders of Hampshire, West Sussex and Berkshire, which many of our social worker commute from via car. Guildford has excellent train links to London and the south of England. Rural Waverley is nearby, as are the Surrey Hills, which has been designated an area of outstanding natural beauty. Our Looked After Children's Team, Child Protection and Court Proceedings Team, and Referral Assessment and Intervention Service are all located with us, which promotes a supportive, communicative and friendly atmosphere.
- Responsible for managing a team of social workers to ensure effective and safe delivery of services which is on time, and within budget.
- To work with parents and carers, bringing together various agencies and implementing the statutory duties and responsibilities as set out in the Children Act (1989), Children and Adoption Act (2002) and Children Act 2004.
- The role holder deputises for the Service Manager in ensuring operational effectiveness of the teams, overseeing workloads and supervising social workers and family support workers.
- Take responsibility for ensuring all cases are safely managed and in exceptional circumstances this may require them to manage a case directly to ensure safe resolution.
- TMs lead the way in representing the Service to partner organisations, building strong networks and drawing on their expertise to inform how Surrey works with other agencies to share resources and improve outcomes for the county's children
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years PQ experience in social work with children and families.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and Government guidance in your area and have proven ability of having developed strong links with partner agencies.
- Management experience
- Qualified Social Worker BA/DipSW/CQSW or equivalent
- Current registration with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Must be a car driver
Experience in the following areas is essential:
- Management, support and supervision of staff
- Ability to use management and performance reports to improve performance
- Allocation of work
- Quality assurance
- Managing complaints
- Pay rate: GBP38ph
- In-house payroll
- Your own dedicated consultant who can guide you through the process and assist you each step of the way
Whether you are looking for your first, or next locum role, SocialWork 2000 are here to help you. However, if the time isn't right for you, but you have a colleague or friend (who is a qualified Social Worker) and is looking for a locum role, just refer them to us.
Step 1: for anyone you refer, we register, and we promote for work you will receive GBP50*
Step 2: for anyone you have referred and we place you will then receive a second payment of GBP50* on their first day of work.
Step 3: for anyone you have referred you will receive a third payment of GBP100* once they have completed a qualifying period of 375 hours of work.
Apply now or get in touch for more information; Call us on or email
(*Terms and Conditions apply. For more information please get in touch).