Salary: GBP50k + up to 20% annual bonus and fantastic benefit package
Hours: 9am- 5.30pm Mon-Fri
I have great pleasure in supporting our client in the recruitment of a fantastic opportunity to join their IT department based in their Head Office in Brighton.
The role is to develop and maintain IT systems and provide user support for all corporate systems providing assistance and support for Solvency II related activities.
* Develop appropriate and maintainable software to a high technical standard
* Analyse business requirements and design appropriate solutions
* Test software to ensure it meets the business requirements
* Deliver software on time and monitor systems as required
* Ensure successful implementation of change requests
* Provide suitable documentation to enable effective handover of developed software
* Project ownership and product delivery
* Run regular batch processes for maintenance
* Mentoring junior staff members
* Liaising with IT suppliers
* Updating and keeping abreast of changes in technology in order to recommend improvements to current processes and systems
The right candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
* Detailed Oracle PL/SQL including packages, triggers, functions, view and materialized views
* Data-modelling including use of primary keys and foreign keys
* Understanding of the Oracle data dictionary tables
* Knowledge of the current corporate systems and business processes
* IT Development methodologies
* Project Management and Risk Management techniques
* Insurance industry knowledge is desirable
* Good team player and great communication skills
Additional system knowledge that is highly desirable:
* Oracle performance tuning
* TOAD Software development tool
* Oracle BI Publisher
* Oracle Discoverer
* Data Warehousing techniques
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly reputable organisation, for more information on this position please contact Sarah Nicholas on or apply today!
Pier Recruitment does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Pier Recruitment acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service.