Management Consultant - Finance, Risk and Compliance Insurance Market
Are you looking for a company that values its culture as highly as the work it does? In a business where the people are always put first? With colleagues you value and trust?
We can provide you with all of that and more.
We're looking for another great person to join the team. Someone who is just as passionate about development as they are about our industry. A new colleague who brings their own views and perspective based on their own expertise and experience to date. Ultimately, another friendly face in the office, and another person to join our fantastic company events!
Our market leading growth in the Financial Services along with our continued ambitious expansion plans mean that we can continue to offer our employees the progression, development and diverse range of client engagements they are looking for.
These are the reasons people come to us, and these are the reasons they stay.
"For me, Baringa is a great place to progress a career in finance, risk or regulatory consulting: our roster of clients extends from the most established banks and market participants to the newest, most innovative start-ups, across sectors as diverse as retail banking, wealth management, investment banking, insurance, asset management, commodities trading and energy. We are the trusted advisors and implementation partners our clients turn to with their finance optimisation, financial crime, risk management and regulatory compliance challenges and are known for our deep content expertise and our pragmatic, experience-led approach. Our client successes mean we're always looking out for exceptional finance, risk and regulatory consultants and industry practitioners to join our team and we are committed to hiring top talent to build the very best practice in the market." Stuart Cook - Lead Finance, Risk & Compliance PartnerWhat will you be doing?
We work across the entire Financial Services industry helping our clients to align the strategic and operational ambitions with the regulatory landscape.
From designing a compliance department to rolling out new business operations, you will work as part of a core team working alongside the client's own people. Here are some examples of projects we typically get involved in:
- Undertaking impact assessments of new emerging regulations such as MiFID II, GDPR, FRTB and BCBS 239 - documenting the operational and business model changes required
- Translating regulatory requirements into business and functional requirements that describe the system, data, process and control changes required to achieve compliance
- Mobilising complex regulatory change programmes - creating project plans and managing the delivery of these programmes
- Creating and implementing control frameworks for Conflicts of Interest, Conduct Risk, Credit Risk, Operational Risk, Liquidity Risk etc.
- Re-structuring global business operations to be more efficient across multiple regulatory regimes
- Assessing the effectiveness of Anti-Financial Crime Operating Models, and defining and delivering the changes required to achieve the target state
- Transforming front- and back-office Finance, Risk and Compliance processes to increase efficiency and optimise capacity
What's in it for you?
Well, it's up to you. Baringa is what you make it.
- The chance to operate at the forefront of the financial services industry in either Banking, Capital Markets, Insurance or all three!
- Is there a good work-life balance? Absolutely. We have implemented a 3-4-5 policy to ensure that if you do need to work away from home or overseas you are never away for more than three nights a week
- Promotion is solely based on your own performance, and we give you every opportunity to progress by having four promotional reviews a year
- Ability to work closely with senior stakeholders both within Baringa and with the client
- Who decides what training you get? You do. We invest in you, to ensure you remain the best in the business
- We believe we are a great place to work - but it's not just us that says that. We have won a top ten spot for the tenth successive year in the top places to work by the Great Place to Work Institute
So what are we looking for?
We're looking for consultants with Risk & Compliance experience in the Insurance industry to join our dynamic team. If you have any of the experience below we would love to hear from you:
- Knowledge and understanding of the current financial services regulatory landscape and key regulatory initiatives (e.g. Solvency II, IDD, MiFID II, GDPR, Basel III / CRD IV, BCBS 239, CASS, etc.)
- Experience working in second line risk and compliance functions, particularly within Life, GI and London Markets
- Regulatory change project delivery experience within a management consultancy or an internal change function in broking, general insurance, or life insurance industries
- Experience of performing regulatory impact assessments
- Experience working across all phases of the regulatory project delivery lifecycle including interpretation, requirements analysis, solution design, testing and implementation
- Risk Management Target Operating Model design and/or implementation
- Business process design / architecture for risk systems and data architectures
- The ability to take ownership and deliver results in challenging, client-facing environments
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong academic performance with at least a Bachelor's Degree