Management Consultant - Finance, Risk and Compliance Finance Optimisat
Baringa Partners is a fast growing consultancy with over 500 consultants and offices in London, Germany, New York and the UAE. We are a consultancy with a difference, we put our people first, and have won a top ten spot for the tenth successive year in the top places to work by the Great Place to Work Institute. Our quarterly and annual company events are a family affair as we recognise that family is at the heart of many of our lives.
We are passionate about our clients and providing them with deep technical and industry insights that deliver real and measurable results - with pragmatism. Being an independent consultancy, we are not afraid to bring our own point of view and challenge to help clients create outcomes that are right for them.
We are looking for Senior Consultants, Managers and Senior Managers to join our Finance Optimisation team. This is an exciting and varied role for individuals who are passionate about Finance Optimisation and the industries we support; bringing unique and innovative views and perspectives to enhance and optimise our client's processes, data, systems and people capabilities. It is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing team and to be at the forefront of the growth journey of a strong practice.
These are the reasons people come to us, and these are the reasons they stay. But don't just take our word for it.
"For me, Baringa is a great place to progress a career in finance optimisation, risk or regulatory consulting: our roster of clients extends from the most established banks and market participants to the newest, most innovative start-ups, across sectors as diverse as retail banking, wealth management, investment banking, insurance, asset management, commodities trading and energy. We are the trusted advisors and implementation partners our clients turn to with their finance optimisation, financial crime, risk management and regulatory compliance challenges and are known for our deep content expertise and our pragmatic, experience-led approach. Our client successes mean we're always looking out for exceptional finance, risk and regulatory consultants and industry practitioners to join our team and we are committed to hiring top talent to build the very best practice in the market." Stuart Cook - Finance, Risk & Compliance Lead PartnerWhat will you be doing?
Using your expertise and experience of finance functions, you will be working alongside deep industry experts to create, facilitate and execute change our client's Finance functions.
From designing new customer-centric operating and service delivery models, to empowering finance teams to deliver continuous improvements or acting as the 'Business Integrator' in a large and complex change programme, you will work as part of a core team alongside the client's own people. Here are some examples of projects we typically get involved in:
- Finance Operating Model design - including work in mergers, acquisitions, demergers and shared services / offshoring and outsourcing.
- Programme Management of large, complex Finance Systems change programmes.
- Organisation and cultural change within Finance.
- Programme Quality Assurance of different aspects of Finance Change; from the QA of a Shared Services implementation to 'right-sizing' a Finance Systems purchase.
- Empowering Finance teams to be self-sufficient in delivering continuous improvement.
- Acceleration and optimisation of Finance processes using our unique 3D approach to process change as well as using Robotics Process Automation (RPA).
- Finance systems change.
What's in it for you?
- The chance to operate at the forefront of Finance Optimisation, working within and across a range of sectors including Insurance, Banking, Capital Markets, Wealth Management, Consumer Products, Energy, Retail and Telecom.
- Freedom to be innovative in exploring and delivering new ideas to enhance finance functions and in building a practice in a non-bureaucratic and supportive environment.
- The opportunity to build strong quality relationships with clients based on a genuine focus on helping them achieve their objectives.
- A good work-life balance with our 3-4-5 policy to ensure that if you do need to work away from home or overseas you are never away for more than three nights a week.
- Promotion based solely on your own performance, and we give you every opportunity to progress by having four promotional reviews a year.
- A Baringa People Fund that gives all employees an annual cash sum for use in managing any aspect of their wellbeing.
- Close working with senior stakeholders both within Baringa and with the client; we work as a team, our partners roll their sleeves up and don't have offices.
- We invest in you through annual training and development - crucially this is led by you and your needs.
So what are we looking for?
We are looking for qualified accountants (CIMA, ICAEW, ACCA, CPA) with over 7 years experience gained from working in a Finance function in industry or in consultancy or both.
Candidates need to have excellent client relationship and communication skills, experience of leading teams and demonstrating effective leadership skills. They need to have a strong understanding of finance transformation projects with project / programme management experience across the full project life-cycle and the ability to take ownership, provide a point of view and deliver results in challenging, client-facing environments.
Types of experience required:
Target Operating Model Design and / or Implementation.
Accounting and regulatory driven finance function change; impact assessment and optimisation e.g. IFRS, Solvency II etc.
Finance systems advisory, design and implementation: ERP, Financial Reporting packages, purchase ledger tools, bank reconciliation tools etc.
Re-design and optimisation of key finance process cycles; Record to Report (close processes), Order to Cash, Purchase to Pay etc.
Chart of Accounts design and implementation.
Robotics Process Automation (RPA), cognitive and predictive analytics.
Finance, Actuarial, Risk and Treasury Integration.
Reporting Design and / or implementation (could be in the Finance regulation space).
Organisation Design and / or Implementation.
Shared Services Design and / or Implementation.
Finance outsourcing / off-shoring experience.
Finance systems architecture design and implementation.