Sofitel London Gatwick is an award-winning airport hotel that combines comfort with a convenient location next to the UK's second largest airport.
Connected to North Terminal via a covered walkway and all other South Terminal is a 2 minute mono-rail journey away. Central London is just 30 minutes away, making the Sofitel London Gatwick ideally positioned for business and leisure.
The restaurants and bars showcase fresh international flavours from an all day dining concept, up-scale bars to the 2 AA Rosette English restaurant, La Brassiere.
With 518 guest rooms, 11 meeting rooms, cutting edge technology this luxurious London Gatwick Airport hotel can comfortably host meetings, conferences and events for up to 300 guests.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Luggage Porter to join the growing team.
Do you want to be a part of a great company?
When it comes to customer service, creating a truly welcoming environment and combining this with superb facilities for our guests whether travelling on business or leisure, Arora Hotels really do stand out from the crowd.
The Luggage Porter will ensure the smooth and efficient operation for the guest's belongings. Co-ordinate between the Concierge Department and Doorman, by providing a highly personalised service ensuring maximum guest satisfaction and adhering to the standard required by the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Luggage Porter
- Outstanding customer care at all times
- Welcoming guests as they arrive at the hotel entrance
- Luggage handling from vehicle to hotel and vice versa
- Luggage handling from the hotel to Terminal 5 and vice versa
- Room escorting guests and room orientation, together with luggage handling from reception to the room
- Ensure all customer queries or requests are handled in a polite, efficient and courteous manner
- Maintaining all equipment and work areas, including key and cash security
- Maintain a high level of hotel and product knowledge at all times
- At certain times this role may involve being outside of the property in all weathers and conditions
Skills & Experience required by the Luggage Porter
- Previous high volume hotel experience is preferable
- Previous customer service experience is essential
- A capability and commitment to delivering high levels of customer care
- A smart and professional appearance
- A positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Experience of working as part of a winning team
- Ability to remain calm whilst under pressure
- Physical fitness
- A willingness to work outdoors in all weathers
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to become our Luggage Porter, please click apply now. We'd love to hear from you!