Head of Production & Operations
Purpose of the role:
The Channel 5 Creative team is an in-house creative agency responsible for creating marketing campaigns for Channel 5, 5 Star, 5 USA, Spike and My5. In addition we work for a range of external clients creating and producing sponsorship content and commercials.
We are hiring a Head of Production & Operations. This is a senior role reporting to and working alongside the Creative Director (HoD) and the right candidate will have a proven track record of running a production team within a busy multidisciplinary creative department. You will have an operational overview of all work coming in and going out of the 5Creative department, as well as stepping in and running projects yourself when necessary. You will have an in-depth understanding of workflow across integrated marketing campaigns, on-air promotion, channel branding and motion graphics. You will be able to interpret client briefs, and understand complex projects so that you can put in place rigorous project plans and build the right team for each brief.
You will love the creative process and completely understand what makes creatives tick. You will take huge pride in everything that we do together, and enjoy the responsibility of delivering great work, on time and within budget. You are driven, passionate, ambitious, confident and have a professional, positive attitude.
- Be an integral member of the management team within 5Creative, working as the operational right-hand to the Creative Director / Head of Department
- Collaboratively set strategy for all off-air campaigns, channel launches and rebrands
- Maintain creative, press and marketing campaigns' brand synergy across multiple platforms
- Have operational responsibility for 5Creative, leading the production team to ensure delivery of the very best work for internal and external clients
- Oversee all financial aspects of the department, as well as contracts, budgeting and weekly reconciliations
- Line manage a number of direct reports, as well as freelance producers, and be involved in recruitment, training and nurturing the team, and where appropriate the wider Creative team
- Scoping out projects, managing budgets, timelines and schedules across integrated campaigns / projects
- Implementing systems to ensure the most efficient workflow across the department
- Ensuring the smooth running of all projects from initial stages of creative development, through to production and final delivery
- Overseeing and managing multidisciplinary project teams
- Overseeing and managing the post production team
- Complete operational responsibility for the pipeline of work, ensuring the effective allocation of work for each project
- Build relationships with key partners within the wider Channel 5 business and beyond
Experience and knowledge:
- A love of television and advertising
- From an integrated background with experience of broadcast or entertainment brands and exposure to both in-house and agency environments
- Comprehensive knowledge around licensing of artistic material across all formats and locations within agreed timings, and artist's rights.
- Extensive experience in managing multiple complex integrated cross media campaigns, across video production / post production/ content / social media / digital / print / outdoor media
- A creative eye and the confidence to give opinions
- A comprehensive understanding of project management and production processes across all media
- The ability to identify and resolve issues, prioritise, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and run team meetings
- Accomplished in motivating, managing and developing project teams and working with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail, and first class negotiation, organisational and administration skills
- Brilliant interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Adept at creating practical solutions to daily business challenges
- Confident in front of senior management executives up to managing director level, and used to being client facing and working with marketers
Closing Date: 14 August 2017