Chief of Staff, UK and Ireland
- Work closely with the GM UK and Ireland and the leadership team to drive projects and initiatives which create growth and capitalise on market dynamics / differences
- Play a lead role in the interface with corporate (International) functions to develop strategic and long range plans supporting the assessment of market and industry trends, data gathering & analysis and preparation of plans.
- Help to operationalise the strategic plan within European Commercial and manage the delivery of initiatives in collaboration with other business leaders throughout the region.
- Assess value creation potential of business development opportunities and prepare commercial justifications.
- Assess the potential, market entry strategy and early engagement of pipeline products.
- Assess market and industry dynamics ensuring that the leadership team is kept up to date with trends and potential risks / opportunities.
- Design, develop and liaise with appropriate individuals in making presentations for the GM UK and Ireland for various meetings including European Leadership meetings and if necessary International Leadership meetings presentations.
- Work collaboratively across the region to ensure that initiatives, special projects and best practice thinking are maximised.
Education & Experience Requirements
Include educational requirements or equivalency, required years and type(s) of experience, and necessary licenses or certificates. Specify which are required and which are preferred.
- A strong first degree in an academic subject and preferably an MBA
- Demonstrable experience within a health related commercial organisation, at a senior management level and within a complex operating model
- Track record of strategic and operational planning in a high growth environment
- Innovative strategic thinker with exceptional process and project management skills
- Commercially astute, proactive and self-starter
- Very strong interpersonal skills
- Accustomed to managing a diverse and rapidly changing workload, delivering projects across several teams, timelines and within a matrix structure
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience in, or strong exposure to, the healthcare industry working either in pharmaceuticals, consultancy or the health service.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work effectively in a cross functional matrix environment
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Personal impact and leadership
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually
- Strong implementer
- Clear thinker and able to articulate thoughts and plans logically
- Position is office based
- Travel within the UK and European Commercial region will be required (circa 20- 30%)