Financial Controls Manager - Risk Controls, Finance / Treasury / SOX /
One of your key objectives will be to oversee and perform quality assurance reviews of the SOX processes and provide subject matter expertise in improving operational efficiency.
Other responsibilities include:
- Identify remediation actions for control weaknesses whilst performing business risk assessments
- Perform regular updates and reviews of the SOX process documents and business control documents to ensure the they reasonably reflect existing procedures and comply with company methodology
- Conduct efficient and effective execution of SOX walkthroughs and provide regular update of SOX exceptions to various internal sources for example Financial, balance sheet & loss reports, internal / external audit reports etc.
- Liaise with stakeholders, i.e., Operations, IT, external auditors, internal auditors and Central Finance function on SOX related affairs.
- Identify risks and key controls in Treasury Business area (namely Money Market, Swaps and Forwards)
- Ensure bank's compliance with SOX and other internal and external compliance/control matters e.g. spreadsheets controls.
- Good communication skills - Build and maintain good relationships with key stakeholders and colleagues
- Excellent report writing skills, particularly to write meaningful reports under tight timeframes.
- The ability to reach concise conclusions and convey them orally or in a written synopsis
- A team player with a attitude of supporting the team and eager to learn
- Highly organised and can work with great accuracy in an effective time management
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong business and work ethic - committed and dedicated at all times.
- Ability to manage and prioritise workloads
- Able to proactively look for improvement in processes and identify areas and processes that can be streamlined.