Qila Energy's leadership stands out from its competitors in several ways:
• We provide all services under one roof; planning, design, construction, engineering, operation and maintenance.
• We arrange full investor funding for the biogas plant to be built and operated
• We have a unique design for the biogas process and a bespoke control system allowing Qila to remotely control the plant 24/7, 365 days a year
Qila demonstrates exceptional team work and leadership throughout every stage of the process.
Our planning team secures planning permission, our Design and Construction teams tender civils, mechanical and electrical work streams and our Operation and Maintenance team provide our farmers with full operator training and ongoing engineering support.
Qila ensures that the land owner, farmer and local community is supported every step of the way.
Our financial team raises funds from investors to invest in the biogas plants and is currently asset managing over GBP200m. With our order book of our own plants and opportunities from other developers we hope to reach GBP500m of assets under management by December 2018, this is a very ambitious goal but judging by our track record, we feel we can reach it.
As of 01 July 2017, Qila Energy:
- 56 staff
- 26 biogas plants under contract
- Raised GBP200m from Octopus, Ingenious, Foresight and Gravis Capital Partners
- Got an order book of another GBP300m in the UK
- Looking to expand into France, Spain, Ireland, Australia, USA and Canada
What is the opportunity?
To serve as the primary support to the CEO, and reporting Directors.
The CEO and most of the senior Directors are women with families and the role extends beyond full professional business support to include personal support for family events, schools, and holidays.
The CEO and senior Directors are dynamic, fun people and promote an excellent and supportive working environment.
The company is growing fast, our work is in renewable energy and we work across farmers, landowners, waste companies, large supermarkets, the electricity and gas networks, local councils, civil servants and are looking to expand abroad to France, Spain, Ireland, Australia, USA and Canada.
Main purpose of the role:
The position requires a forward thinking, organised candidate to provide executive support to our CEO and top management team.
You are also responsible for all corporate hospitality and company events (internal conferences, offsites, presentations, etc), corporate hospitality, travel and entertainment bookings.
This is an excellent opportunity for a bright and enthusiastic individual to join this established green energy company with high-profile investors and an exciting future.
We're looking for you to make this position your own and play a key role in supporting both the CEO, Executives and entire business teams to achieve our ambitious goals.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
To provide a full executive assistant support to the CEO and several Executive Managing Directors on all business and personal matters.
• Full diary management, co-ordinating complex calendars and schedules to ensure effective time management and prioritisation of engagements
• Extensive communication with external stakeholders (board members, farmers, feedstock suppliers, lawyers, joint venture partners, existing investors, new investors)
• Arrange conference calls and video conferences
• Arranging and attending client and investor meetings
• Co-ordination and minute taking for Management meetings, including preparation and collation of supporting documentation, reports, meeting minutes and spreadsheets
• Ensure all business contacts are contained within a centralised CRM database
• General administrative duties, examples: photocopying, ordering business cards, arranging couriers
• Maintain filing system both paper and electronic
• Manage banking, credit cards, property, healthcare arrangements, business expenses
• Manage frequent domestic and international travel (includes families) - co-ordination of flights, tickets, FX, accommodation, visas, ground transportation, childcare arrangements
• Manage personal matters outside the business
• Prepare, type and format presentations and support material involving, at times, confidential information
• Responsible for booking meeting rooms/ refreshment bookings
Managing corporate hospitality
• Organisation of farm visits across the UK, working closely with our Estate, Farming partners
• Organisation of activates, shooting, fishing, golf, rugby, tennis, other trips
o Working with Marketing to make sure the stand, promotional materials, staff attendance is organised and the best it can be
• Organisation of trade show events in the UK and abroad, at least 6-10 a year - in conjunction with the Marketing Executive
• Organisation of offsite meetings, liaising with external providers (hotel and speakers) as appropriate.
o Organise management offsites
o Organise whole of company offsites
• Booking dinners, concerts, days out, drinks receptions
• Organising regional parties, Christmas party and summer party
Qualifications and Key Skills
• A Senior Executive Assistant with a disciplined professional approach and strong judgment
• 5 years + PA experience at Director level within an Investment Bank or Legal environment is preferred
• Software knowledge required: Outlook (advanced), Word (advanced), Powerpoint (advanced), Excel (advanced), Microsoft CRM awareness
• Ability to multi-task effectively and to work on own initiative in an extremely busy environment where constant reprioritisation is required
• Experience in working with key executives on very stringent deadlines
• Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and complete them independently
• Excellent phone manner
• Excellent organisational skills
• Team player, willing to help with any job no matter how big or small
• Organised, strong attention to detail, and excellent proof-reading skills
• Ability to prioritise and challenge where necessary
• Confidence, initiative, flexibility and adaptability always
• Well-developed awareness of the importance of confidentiality and discretion
• Good time keeping and attendance
What's in it for you?
We are currently about 56 staff and growing to 100 by the end of 2018, we have built a company that nurtures everyone in the team to be their best and we very much work as a team.
We work closely with the landowners of our biogas plants, they are mostly large farming estates and large farms and we work very closely with our farmers. You will enjoy visiting the farms and estates across Scotland, England and Wales.
You should really enjoy working with us, and the plants that we build (the green energy that we create) is very rewarding. We have a high staff retention rate and all the senior management have been together since the start of Qila, this is a new role and a sign of our rapid expansion - you will be able to make it everything you wanted.
The closing date for applications is 31 August 2017. Please note all closing dates are given in London (GMT) time. We aim to respond to successful applicants within 4 weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Our Head Office is Victoria House, Clarendon Road, Watford. Walking distance from Watford Junction Train Station.