Assistant Network Engineer
A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Network Engineer to join Shoreham Port. Supporting our Network Engineer and acting as the secondary point of contact, for the servicing and maintenance of the Port's bespoke systems and scanner technology.
Main duties, tasks and responsibilities:
- Assist and support the Network Engineer with testing, rollout and maintenance of the Port's bespoke scanner technology.
- Assist with the maintenance of the database for hardware including radio frequency fibre equipment records and infrastructure of radio frequency and fibre network systems.
- Assist the Network Engineer with the necessary repairs to fibre optic networks and connecting systems.
- Troubleshoot issues with the Ports network and hardware.
- Secondary point of contact to external IT and specialist systems, to assist with problems with systems and/or networks.
- Troubleshoot automated communication systems, including telephone network.
- Assist with the process of mapping, design and installation of the access points and network.
- Team Player, as well as ability to work on own initiative.
- Comfortable working at heights and confined spaces.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- First aid trained, otherwise training provided.
What you'll get from us:
- A competitive salary
- Exceptionally defined benefit pension scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Funded training in a supportive environment and scope to progress within the company.
- Other wide-ranging benefits
Other Desirable Skills:
- Driving Licence
The closing date is the 16th August 2017. Interviews commencing 29th August 2017.
Please Note: Port staff are subject to random drug and alcohol testing and all successful candidates will be expected to comply with the Port's policy. Please be aware that we are currently unable to offer the Assistant Network Engineer post to individuals with colour vision deficiency.
To find out more about us please visit our website -