Data Science - Associate/VP level - Greenfield build-out, Tier 1 inves
A tier one investment bank in London is seeking to hire an NLP specialist to join their newly formed
data science team. This will be an equities & cross-asset focused quantitative strategy team within the
research department for a leading bank. This is a multifaceted who are charged with finding
innovative solutions to real world financial problems through the utilization of statistical and
predictive modeling approaches; NLP processes & machine learning etc.
- Utilizing text mining & web retrieval techniques to facilitate the collection of publicly available unstructured data.
- Performing natural language, machine learning, and statistical analysis methods, such as classification, sentiment analysis, and topic modeling
- Working entirely within the front-office, supporting quants, traders & other senior business figures in the creation of alpha generating trading strategies.
- Producing research reports on the topic of machine learning & NLP approaches to unstructured data.
- PhD/MSc specializing in Statistical/Predictive approaches ideally with an natural language processing or Information retrieval background.
- Demonstrable interest in financial services
- Strong computational skills in either C++, Java, Python
- Statistical coding skills in Python/R, Apache Spark MLlib etc.
- Specialist background in Natural language processing/information retrieval
- A track record of publications/research reports within the data science industry is desirable.
- Strong communicative skills