C++ Software Team Lead
C++ Team Lead | Linux | Agile | Surrey | £50-60K Nature of this role: This role would suit a Senior Engineer who is keen to begin pushing his career into more of a supervisory \ managementrole, whilst remaining hands on with regards to development and coding. You will be the link between one of the Development Managers and your small team of engineers. This arrangement is mirrored across several wider teams; there are roughly 50-60 Engineers spread across the C++ floor in this 400 personnel company. 60% of your time will be spent supervising and mentoring your team, making sure the Agile principles of the company are being adhered to, and communicating and issues to the Dev Manager or vice versa. The other 40% will involve hands on C++ development, code reviews \ mentoring and 1st stage recruitment. What you'll work on: You will be involved with the development of world leading payment systems that power the journeys of millions of people very day across cities like London, Sydney and San Francisco. Target platforms are Linux based, and whilst experience of embedded development is desirable, it is not required, as any talented C++ Engineer with solid Object Orientated Principles is suitable. You will be working in tandem with teams of System, Electronic and Hardware Engineers to create cutting edge products from the ground up, which many of your family and friends will likely use every day without realising. Where you'll work: Based by the Surrey\Sussex boarder (not far from Gatwick) you will be working at a newly renovated site, accessible from the M23 or Southern Rail (from London Victoria). This is an engineering company, run by engineers, and has been operating for decades with repeat business from Government, Public and Defence clients across the world. Working environment is Agile, but relaxed and everyone works very sensible hours with flexible start\finish times. Of course when an important relelase is due they expect everyone to go the extra mile, from Grads to C-Level. Overview of Requirements: - C++ Software background - Comfortable in Linux environment - Proven Agile\Scrum experience - Good team or project lead experience (demonstrate leading teams of at least 5 people) Desired (but not essential) - Embedded or RTOS Software experience - Payment \ EMV exposure If you think you fit the citeria above and wish to apply (please note SPONSORSHIP is not offered so applicants must have riigh to work in the UK) then please do so now with an up-to-date CV. TRG acts as a 3rd party recruitment agency in relation to the above position.