Associate Lecturer in Science and Maths, Immediate start available!
We are seeking to recruit a number of Associate Lecturers in Science and Maths who can deliver the Cambridge International A2 specification to international learners studying Chemistry, Physics and Maths. We welcome applications from individuals who can teach one or more of these subjects at A2 standard. You will join the team based at our Chichester campus on a variable hours basis working approximately 5 hours per week. We offer our Associate Lecturer in Science and Maths a competitive salary of £17.48 - £30.70 per hour. From 1 August 2017, Central Sussex College will change its name to Crawley College. It will also merge with Chichester College as part of a group structure.
Chichester College is the largest provider of further education in West Sussex. In 2014 the college was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted in all four areas, Outcomes for Learners, Teaching, Learning & Assessment, Leadership and Management and Overall Effectiveness. 8 out of 9 curriculum areas inspected were judged to be outstanding. We are a key provider of education and employment to those in our local communities and make a critical contribution to local economic development. We were established in Chichester in 1964 and also have a 570 acre land-based provision on our Brinsbury campus near Pulborough. We employ over 1,250 full and part-time staff.
Key Responsibilities as our Associate Lecturer in Science and Maths
- Undertake teaching and learning related activities, as agreed.
- Ensure that appropriate learning materials are prepared and assessments and assignments are undertaken in a timely manner.
- Undertake administration and provide reports and statistics regarding student and teaching matters.
- Contribute to the development of curricula and learning activities, taking into consideration literacy and numeracy development, and equality and diversity.
- Understand personal responsibilities in relation to Safeguarding.
- Keep up-to-date with current issues, changes, and policies relating to the educational sector.
- Adopt a proactive approach to participation in appropriate meetings and training, as agreed with the curriculum area.
- Undertake the delivery of literacy and numeracy.
Skills & Experience required of Associate Lecturer in Science and Maths:
- Able to demonstrate an innovative and creative approach in the classroom
- Deliver outstanding teaching, learning and assessment using up-to-date resources
- Able to adapt teaching styles for the international learners
- A Certification of Education or PGCE is essential.
Newly qualified teachers are welcome to apply
Benefits of working with Chichester College:
- Competitive salary and holiday benefits.
- All staff are eligible to join the Local Government or Teachers’ final salary pension schemes.
- Opportunities for career and professional development.
- Recognition schemes including Star Team and Chairman’s Award.
- Occupational maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption benefits.
- Through Sodexho, the College has a Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Gym membership is available at a discounted price for staff.
- Discounted rates for the College’s Hair and Beauty salon and access to the training restaurant for lunches and dinners with exciting menus.
Closing date: 21 September 2017
Interview date: TBC
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Associate Lecturer in Science and Maths then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.