IT Business Analyst - General Insurance
IT Business Analyst - General Insurance
Up to £50,000 (Dependent on Experience) + Excellent Benefits Package
SSP is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. We provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery.
Our team is growing, so we are on the lookout for a talented Business Analyst to join our Business Consultancy Team, focused on our Insurance customers, based at our Aldershot office.
The purpose of the IT Business Analyst will be -
To gather information through Customer/User interface and translate the requirements into straightforward functional specifications. The IT Business Analyst will provide fee-earning consultancy and services relating to SSP software and services.
We'd like to meet an IT Business Analyst with -
- Knowledge of and experience of the General Insurance industry i.e. general insurance, Commercial and Personal lines, together with its processes and procedures gained through direct experience.
- Proven Business Analyst experience: from business requirements gathering, delivering functional specifications, traceability through to involvement in implementation
- Knowledge of SQL servers and/or other database systems
- Have demonstrated a working knowledge of the following concepts/skills:
- Process Mapping (current and future state)
- Development of data flow diagrams (current and future state)
- Other UML techniques
- Experience of working in both Agile and Waterfall environments.
- Practical working knowledge of at least one computer-based Insurance application
- Previous consultancy / customer management experience is highly desirable
What's in it for you?
- A unique working environment where you'll be surrounded by passionate experts from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all with the one strong, clear vision - to be the leading provider of insurance technology software
- Generous salary and matching pension scheme
- A clear, personal learning and development plan
- Generous holiday allowance, free parking and subsidised gym memberships
- Life insurance, cycle to work scheme and a large range of employee discounts and benefits
IT Business Analyst responsibilities include -
The role as the IT Business Analyst involves identifying solutions for our customers, looking for business opportunities and also supporting our customers during the implementation of our applications and products.
As the IT Business Analyst, you will be working closely with our General Insurance customers and will be responsible for gathering information and translating this into functional specifications, business and project documents.
You will use your business analysis experience of understanding and applying application development methodology to contribute to the production of the deliverable required at different stages throughout the project (e.g. Customer Proposals, GAP analysis, Requirements Definition, and Internal and External Design).
With your experience of implementation and installation processes you will be developing, writing and executing test scripts, whilst also participating in internal quality reviews.
A career with us:
SSP believes the most valuable asset for any business is the people it employs. It is crucial therefore to employ and invest in the best.
We have a strong, clear vision - to be the leading provider of insurance technology software - and our values describe what makes SSP unique, and capture the SSP spirit that runs through everything we do.
The IT Business Analyst plays a crucial role in delivering our vision and values through you, your team and the business.
To apply for the role of IT Business Analyst, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: IT Business Analyst, General Insurance, Business Analyst, Business Change Analyst, Business Transformation Analyst, Change Project Manager, Business Analysis.