Maintenance Engineer/ Builder / Property Maintenance
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer / Builder
Location: Clapham, South West London (SW4)
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Hours: Full Time, Permanent (Monday -Friday, 8am - 5pm)
Our Client is a Building and Maintenance Company based in London who specialises in bespoke building work, loft conversions, extensions, new builds, basements, refurbishments and many more. They take great pride in delivering a professional service of the highest quality. Their client base has grown from 'word of mouth' recommendations that have created their excellent reputation and portfolio of repeat customers. They have over 25 years of experience and expertise in the building trade.
They are URGENTLY looking to recruit for an experienced multi skilled maintenance engineer to join their maintenance team. You will be responsible for carrying out property repairs, maintenance tasks and also property inspections.
You'll be dealing with the Maintenance side of the business so you'll be performing duties for any Electrical, Painting, Decorating and Plumbing queries.
You'll be working on rental properties so you'll be required to pick up keys from estate agents, completing jobs and returning them. On average, you'll be completing 5-8 jobs per day.
Key Skills required:
- Preferably the ideal candidate will have previous experience in working for a property maintenance company
- Carry out basic electrical duties/installations e.g. changing bulbs, replacing switches and sockets
- Carry out basic plumbing work e.g. unblocking drains/gutters, fixing leaks and changing taps
- Carry out basic carpentry and joinery duties e.g. replacing locks and handles
- Must have own tools
- Clean valid driving licence, MUST be over 25 years for insurance purposes.
- Trustworthy with good quality work
- Available to start straight away
- Use of email to correspond
- Diagnose and carry out repairs whilst on site
- Source the materials required
- Well presented with excellent communication skills (both spoken and written)
- Highly organised
- Self-motivated and able to work on your own initiative
- Able to work well under pressure
- Looking to build a long term career
- Computer literate
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Builder, Facilities Assistant, Maintenance Assistant, Property Maintenance, Handyman, Electrical Services Engineer, Property Assistant, Maintenance Engineer, Property Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Repairs, Property Inspector, Electrical Engineer, Installation Engineer, Carpenter, Plumber, Multi-Skilled Engineer, Building Maintenance, Building Repairs Engineer may also be considered for this role.