IBA Accounts Assistant/Finance Administrator - Insurance Broker
Job Title: IBA Accounts Assistant
Location: London (EC2M)
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 per annum (dependent upon knowledge, skills and experience)
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Working Hours: 9.00am to 5.15pm - Monday to Friday (1 hour for lunch)
Holiday Entitlement: 25 days holiday, plus statutory holidays
After 6 months' probationary period:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company Pension Scheme (7% employer contribution/4% employee contribution)
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised Gym membership
- Death in Service (on joining) - 4 x salary
Our Client is an independent owner-managed insurance brokerage with real values. They are a forward-thinking organisation who understands that their financial objectives are merely an outcome driven by the activity of their people. In 2017, they were named UK Broker of the Year at the British Insurance Awards.
As a Gold Standard Investor in People Organisation and a "Great Places to Work" Laureate, They recognise that a happy, motivated and well-trained team are crucial to business success. As a multi award winning business, they know that placing their people at the heart of their business strategy delivers exceptional results.
They understand the value that a diverse workforce can bring in contributing to their success. They pride themselves on treating their people fairly and equally, yet at the same time treating people as individuals.
IBA Accounts Assistant required for a forward-thinking firm of insurance brokers based in the City (approx. 50 employees). A varied and interesting role, for a bright and ambitious individual who is seeking a career in Insurance Broking Accounts.
Good organisational skills and the ability to work on own initiative and be pro-active. Good communication skills, be a strong team player, enthusiastic and hard working. Applicants should be flexible and be prepared to give assistance to team members, as and when necessary.
Good working knowledge of MS Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel). Knowledge of an IBA platform will be beneficial but not strictly necessary.
Purpose of Job:
To provide all-round support to the Broking Teams.
- Data entry for both sterling and dollar receipts onto a central spreadsheet and distribution to the management team.
- Data entry onto the broking system daily all items received and all paid directs and allocate the items to debit notes. To advise the account executive/manager details of all unallocated receipts.
- Arrange banking for all receipts daily and to go to the bank as required.
- Supply debtor schedules to the account executive/manager each month.
- Assist in the reconciliation of insurer statements as required.
- Issue payment schedules to Insurers.
- Assist with the input of purchase invoices, sales invoices and office receipts for each group company.
- Filing of all cheque requests, insurer statements, debit notes and other papers on a monthly basis.
- Handle telephone calls in a polite manner and take messages as appropriate.
- To carry out any other task or function as required by senior management.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; IBA Accounts Assistant, Finance Assistant, Insurance Broker Finance Assistant, Bookkeeper, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Finance Assistant, Finance Admin, Accounts Officer, Accounts Team Assistant, Accounts Co-ordinator, Accounts Clerk, AAT Qualified, AAT Part Qualified, Financial Assistant, Accounts Admin, Finance Admin, Bookkeeping, Insurance Brokerage Accounts Assistant may also be considered for the role