Bookings Administrator / Office Assistant / Business Support
Job title: Bookings Administrator
Location: Pyrford, Woking GU22
Salary: £16,000 - £18,000 depending on experience and other benefits, including private medical insurance, will be offered to the successful candidate
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (37.5 hours per week)
The company is a research-based conference business specialising in the following sectors: finance, energy, infrastructure, regulation and public policy. They work closely with the UK and international Governments and leading organisations on their high-level events.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in their Woking based offices and they are looking for an enthusiastic, polite and friendly individual, with strong customer service focus, to join the busy admin & logistics team.
- First point of contact for delegate enquiries/incoming telephone calls.
- To efficiently and accurately process bookings using their event management software (full training will be given).
- To create delegate lists and delegate badges for all events.
- Update information on the client database, including mail returns and recording delegate details (pre- and post-event).
- Administering payments (raising invoices and chasing payments), generating confirmation letters and joining instructions.
- To occasionally attend events, to assist with pre-event set up and delegate registration.
- To carry out general office administration duties, as required, for example, filing and data entry.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties within the remit of the role, as directed by the line manager to support the company's operations and marketing functions.
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
- Good administrative background.
- Confident and professional telephone manner.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ideally, the company is looking for someone who lives locally and is able to drive (as public transport to their Surrey office is limited).
Previous experience working in a customer service role in a general busy office environment and any experience of events registration and booking systems will be considered an advantage. Most importantly, the company is looking for an individual with a cheerful yet professional disposition to fit in with their friendly yet hardworking team.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for the role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Administrator, Office Assistant, Accounts Assistant, General Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Office Support, Sales Support, Customer Support Assistant, Office Admin may also be considered for this role.