User Interaction Designer
What You'll Do
We are the leading player in the collaboration market and are continuing to expand our team of developers and designers.
Together we make it possible to bring people together to achieve wonderful things using our suite of collaboration products which range from infrastructure to PC to mobile and web.
We are searching for a user interaction designer with excellent qualifications and a flare for applying their skills to create delightful UIs.
We are interested in people who enjoy working in a very fast paced team, learning something new every day and who are not afraid of taking on responsibility early on in their careers.
In return, we offer the opportunity to work alongside some of the best engineers in the industry on the most leading-edge products anywhere.
You will work with cross functional backend development and user experience teams across our London and Oslo sites.
Who You'll Work With
We are part of Cisco's Collaboration Technology Group and our team is responsible for the design and implementation of the most technologically advanced video conferencing solutions available in the market today. Our job is to help people everywhere to work well together. We design a suite of products used by millions of people around the globe, to meet, chat, and share their work like if they were in the same room. Our customers thank us for making their work life better. We have every breed of designer all under one roof, creating an ecosystem of software and hardware products.
Who You Are
You are a designer who loves to create stuff and with an urge to see beautiful designs become real. You are well aware of how your responsibility affects the whole end-to-end customer journey. You are able to effortlessly flex between the bigger picture and concrete problems.
You are passionate about technology and communication and have the ability to engage people around you.
You have a natural flair for creative design, including layout, composition, typography, and aesthetic coherence.
Role and Responsibility
• Design all aspects of the interface design including grid layout, typography, iconography, colour and composition
• Create high quality, consistent user experiences from concept to specifications
• Gain understanding of the users and advise others in the department
• Lead/contribute in the design process, preserving the user's perspective
• Contribute to a consistent user experience within the Cisco's brand
• Work in a highly collaborative development team with front and back-end developers, content teams, UX and product owners
• Work across multiple platforms, products and services
Skills and experience
• Relevant design education (bachelor or higher)
• Excellent digital design with an emphasis on function, form and structure
• Practice in experience driven design
• Adhere to and follow existing styles and digital guidelines
• Working knowledge of prototyping
• Strong communication and visualisation skills
• Knowledge designing user interfaces in multidisciplinary teams
• A passion for design and up to date on current trends and theory within the profession
• Working knowledge of the UX design process
• A strong portfolio that demonstrates a range of design abilities and creative thinking
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.