Software Automation/Devtest Engineer
What You'll Do
Are you a talented, enthusiastic engineer with a passion for delivering superb software quality through test automation? Would you like to be an integral part of a highly motivated development team working tirelessly to take video collaboration to the masses? If you are then come and work alongside some of the world's most talented engineers and make your mark on Cisco's innovative, market leading video and collaboration products. An excellent academic record is important to us, whether it's computer science, mathematics or other engineering or science degrees (or equivalent). We work to Agile principles in a highly dynamic environment. In addition to outstanding technical abilities we expect our engineers to be able to prioritise across multiple workloads and communicate effectively to enable the overall team to meet tight timescales. You will be working as a member of the development/devtest team aiding the development of new features, finding innovative ways of ensuring product quality, stability and usability, and diagnosing the most complex of customer issues, all extensively using automation and tools. We are looking for people who enjoy working in a very fast paced team, learning something new every day. We offer a very competitive salary as part of an excellent benefits package. These positions are in our R&D centres in Uxbridge or Feltham, United Kingdom.
Who You'll Work With
We are a UK based team in Cisco's Collaboration Technology Group. We are responsible for the full lifecycle of design, implementation and support of the most technologically advanced video conferencing solutions in the world.
Who You Are
- Automated test development
- Excellent mathematical or scientific qualifications
- First-class problem solving and communication skills complemented by excellent written & verbal communication
- A passion for learning new technologies, tools and languages on own initiative
- Demonstrable enthusiasm for technology and software development, ideally outside of work/academic environment
- Networking knowledge (e.g. TCP/IP, streaming protocols, or RTP)
- Framework experience such as AngularJS, Django
- Operating system fundamentals and programming in a Unix environment
- Cryptography and security knowledge
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works,lives, plays and learns.We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.