Production Engineer Job
1 day left
- Flexible Hours
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device - SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
What We Do:
Fieldglass, an SAP company, provides a cloud-based Vendor Management System (VMS) to manage contingent workforce and services procurement programs. More than 300 customers leverage Fieldglass to gain visibility into their external workforces, including contingent labor, services managed through Statements of Work and independent contractors while optimizing spend, quality, compliance and efficiency.
What Sets Us Apart:
Fieldglass was "born cloud". As one of the forerunners of today's highly successful cloud delivery model, Fieldglass has been a Software-as-a-Service application since its start. At a time when many buyers were using behind-the-firewall ERP applications to manage their non-employee workforce, this VMS industry first is now the industry standard.
Some of our attributes include:
- We are the VMS market leader in global spend and in March 2014 were named the top company in our industry by Forrester Research.
- Multilingual help desk support is available around the clock 365 days a year - in addition to a dedicated Account Services team.
- Not only an industry leader but a thought leader - Fieldglass keeps customers up to date with VMS industry knowledge on our 'From the Field' blog and social media accounts.
- We work with the world's leading companies, including AIG, Verizon, GlaxoSmithKline, Johnson & Johnson, CVS/Caremark, United Airlines, Panasonic, Rio Tinto, Monsanto, and many, many more.
- We are now part of SAP, a market leading enterprise application software company, helping companies of all sizes and industries run simple.
Fieldglass encourages an open door policy and a collaborative office environment. Team members across all departments can easily meet together in any of our open office layouts. Those with an entrepreneurial and can-do attitude keep Fieldglass at the top of its industry. Traditional perks include casual dress, generous paid time off, charitable activities, stocked kitchens, great healthcare coverage and more!
We are currently seeking a Production Engineer to provide back end/technical support for all users of the Fieldglass application, our proprietary services procurement application. The successful candidate must have experience actively utilizing SQL, preferably T-SQL, on a day to day basis to resolve issues. Responsibilities include:
- Provide exceptional support to internal teams in regards to any system issues that have been escalated to the Production Engineer Team in accordance to Service Level Agreements
- Collect, analyze and work to provide solutions for projects, client/partner initiatives, day to day issues and other related responsibilities
- Properly document results of analysis and obtain internal team and external clients/partners' sign-off on solutions and/or processes
- Serve as a liaison between the Development team, QA team, DBA's and Professional Services
- Conducting training sessions for internal teams and clients/partners via web and in person
- Become an expert in all facets of the Fieldglass' proprietary services procurement application
- Participate on special projects and teams when required
- Develop documentation when required
- Take part in meetings with clients' technical personnel as required
- Demonstrate an ability to be productive with minimal supervision, have a focus on service and the foresight to understand future impacts current changes may have on the Fieldglass application and/or clients' business processes
We're Looking For:
- BA/BS in Business, MIS, Computer Science or equivalent industry work experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience demonstrating a high level of knowledge of SQL, preferably T-SQL, proven troubleshooting skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must have experience and high proficiency in SQL scripting, queries, ad hoc reports are required.
- Knowledge of Java code
- Knowledge VB for Excel Macros
- Client facing experience a plus
- Staffing Industry knowledge/experience helpful
- Proficiency with MS Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint is required
- Must show strong analytical skills and have the ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Outstanding interpersonal skills (both oral & written) and the ability to work closely with business and technical teams of all skill levels is required (must be an effective communicator)
- Candidates must have the ability to react to customer needs and requests, through issue tracking Clearly set priorities quickly, adjust to client driven changes, firmly commit to tasks and meeting deadlines
- Must show an ability to apply problem-solving techniques to application, environment, and to data issues
- Results-oriented, self-motivated, and organized while demonstrating the ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Solid work ethic and dedication to producing high quality accurate work
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS ON 22nd SEPTEMBER 2017
COMPETITIVE SALARY PACKAGE (BONUS AND BENEFITS)
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: or , APJ: , EMEA: ). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.