Specialist Nurse - HDU
BMI Blackheath Hospital in London is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Specialist Nurse to join their team of staff in the High Dependency Unit.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern. Shifts will cover Monday-Friday.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing.
- Evidence of relevant clinical professional development preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration.
- Excellent clinical applied knowledge which is evidenced based and takes account of national best practice standards.
- Basic workload / shift management skills.
- Mentorship Qualification (ENB 998 or equivalent).
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice.
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability.
- Awareness of NMC Standards for specialist education and practice.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Studies Registered general l nurse level 1.
- Experience working within a team model of nursing.
- Previous experience working within the acute healthcare sector.
- 18 months post registration experience.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
Duties of this role include:
- To plan the specialist service for both inpatients and outpatients. Promoting and maintaining high professional standard of nursing; meeting the needs of patients in all aspects. To take the lead across specialist services in agreement with Executive Directors and Directors of Clinical services on initiatives to develop and modernise effective patient centred pathways from diagnosis to discharge.
- To provide a high profile commitment to professional development, teaching and education for all levels of nursing staff in the hospitals.
- The post-holder will actively participate in the hospitals 24 hour speciality helpline rota.
- To participate in MDT and ensure all patients are discussed to maintain rigorous health and safety standards to ensure all procedures at ward and unit level are consistent with set policies. Adhering to national guidelines, corporate and hospital protocols.
- To ensure a robust communication system is in place to disseminate information to essential staff and outside agencies.
- To ensure all patients attending the hospitals receive high quality care.
- To deal with any verbal or written complaints in a timely manner, taking action as required to address any deficiencies highlighted.
- Ensure pre-authorisation for treatment via medical insurance company is present before start of treatment plans.
- Meet with consultant/s on a regular basis to review current caseload.
- Liaise with Clinical Services Manager - Pharmacy on an on-going basis to plan the provision of specialist mediation in accordance with individual patient treatment plans.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.