Corporate Real Estate Technical Lead (CAFM)
Barclays is a major global financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth and investment management with an extensive international presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. Barclays' purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions - in the right way.
With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in 34 countries. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
Global Location Strategy and CRES operates within the Service Company and COO and is a centralised, global function, which supports the business by delivering and operating its real estate strategy. Global Location Strategy and CRES has an operational presence in 34 countries, comprising c.180 internal and c.8,500 outsourced colleagues. The department is diverse in its specialisms covering everything from Location Strategy, Portfolio Optimisation, Workplace design, Engineering, Facilities and Construction Project Management to Environmental Management, Security, Travel, Health & Safety, Risk & Control and Supplier Management..
Overall purpose of role
Reporting into the Global Systems Lead for CRES, this role is responsible for providing account and supplier relationship management of our Global Property & Occupancy systems and liaising with internal stakeholders and SMEs across CRES to drive a program of continuous development and enhancement aligned to broader strategic initiatives.
- Lead supplier relationship management for Property & Occupancy systems used globally across CRES
- Manage internal stakeholder relationships for lead users of these systems across the regional CRES teams and UK Retail Banking stakeholder group
- Gather feedback from SME system users to identify opportunities to innovate and enhance the system offering, scope and coverage
- Support the development and enhancement of Property & Occupancy systems to provide greater functionality, more effective control and better integration across the CRES systems portfolio
- Work closely with various technology teams across internal IT Functions and supplier partners to achieve successful outcomes for the organisation
- Challenge our supplier partners in this space to deliver against a roadmap of system development priorities
- Provide support and guidance across CRES COEs to resolve system challenges, streamline processes and align with firm policies across IRM / GIS / Cyber Security / Resilience
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Excellent facilitation skills; works well with all levels of personnel and knows how to motivate to meet common goals and objectives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to co-ordinate across multiple stakeholders to identify scope, engage relevant teams and maintain open and transparent dialogue
- Ability to understand and value different customer needs and provide tailored services where necessary
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Ability to understand and contextualize diverse and complex concepts and translate these so that they may be understood in simpler terms
- Ability to thrive in a highly complex operating environment and with a large variety of tasks and challenges
- Experience of applying technical knowledge, skills and expertise to drive the direction and delivery of projects to align with strict policies and procedures
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
- Experience of Property & Occupancy systems in a financial services environment
- Experience in global change management programmes and capable of effectively communicating and driving system change projects
- Project Management experience and knowledge of Business Requirements analysis
- Experience in IT infrastructure platforms, Data integration and MI
- Ability to attend many tasks simultaneously, with frequently changing priorities
- Should be self-starter, innovative with the ability to deliver quality results with a challenging but positive and influential style
- Working knowledge of MS Access, Word, Excel and Project management tools
The Benefits: Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Our Culture: Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
------------------ Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .