Trainee Claims Handler / Claims Handler / Claims Negotiator
3 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Trainee Claims Handler
Location: Dorking, Surrey
The company is a successful UK based insurer selling car insurance primarily through brokers but also directly to the public through the Insure 2 Drive, Go Girl and Drive Smart brands.
They operate solely in non-standard, non-comprehensive, private motor insurance.
As a member of the Claims team you will be trained to investigate, negotiate and settle claims over a 3 year milestone training period.
A performance review including a salary increase is given every 3 months for the first 2 years and then every 6 months of the final milestone year.
After the initial training has been completed (approx. 3 - 6 months) you will take responsibility for own case load including fire, theft, windscreen claims and eventually some non-serious personal injury, dealing with solicitors, insurance brokers, loss adjusters and direct contact with customers and third parties.
- Ensure that allocated claims are fully investigated.
- Act as the key contact for specific customers/brokers.
- Communicate with policyholders, solicitors and others by telephone and in writing.
- Identify opportunities to make recoveries and follow the recovery through.
- Maintain accurate estimates on outstanding claims so the appropriate reserve can be made for each claim.
- Work within the team to ensure that all claims are settled within appropriate time scales.
- Work flexibly within the team, assisting colleagues wherever pressure is greatest to enhance overall team performance.
Reporting to the team leader, key internal relationships will be with other members of the team and other claims teams.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 GCSE passes or equivalent (grades A-C) including English and Mathematics.
- Experience of working in an office.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer skills.
- Planning and organising
- Delivering results
- Embracing change
- Team working
- Delivering excellent customer service
Please click APPLY to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Claim Handler, Customer Claims Executive, Claims Account Manager, Trainee Claims Handler, Junior Claims Handler, Claims Customer Service, Insurance Claims, Fraudulent Claims Handler, Insurance Fraud, Fraud Claims Handler, Motor Claims Handler, Personal Injury Claims Handler, Case Handler, Claims Assistant, Legal Claims Handler, Customer Claims Handler, Claims Technician will also be considered for this role.
Apply for Trainee Claims Handler / Claims Handler / Claims Negotiator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly