Catastrophic PI Paralegal
1 day left
- Flexible Hours
Main function of job
To progress cases, under supervision, to an effective and satisfactory conclusion for clients whilst providing and maintaining management information under the terms of the client service level agreement.
a. Responsible to: Insurance Partner
b. Liaison with: Insurance Clients, and the wider Catastrophic PI team.
- Tasks will include preparing disclosure lists, collating documents, interviewing witnesses and instructing medico-legal experts.
- To action all cases in line with department/client service standards and protocols.
- To deal with technical aspects of the case, under the supervision of the Team Leader.
- To ensure that financial targets are met.
- Use of the Case Management system and use of standard documentation wherever appropriate.
- To ensure client care in all cases.
- Progress cases to a satisfactory/speedy settlement in accordance with client requirements.
- Record all time accurately.
- Partake in any other duties that are deemed necessary to support the DWF business as and when required.
- To follow all the Firm's policies and procedures.
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
We are one of Europe's most innovative Law firms as voted by the Financial Times.
We have won numerous awards, including being independently ranked as 1 of the top employers for working families, as well as being in the top 2 law firms for employee satisfaction.
With offices nationwide and overseas, we are growing and are looking for top talent to come on board and be part of our success.
DWF LLP is seeking to recruit a Paralegal to join their Catastrophic Personal Injury team in London.
The vacancy has arisen due to an increase in workload and we will consider applications from entry level candidates with strong academics at degree level or above or those who possess relevant experience of fee earning, particularly handling personal injury matters. The Catastrophic Injury team is one of the largest in the UK and is recognised nationally. We act for household name insurer clients with the majority of claims being over GBP100k.
We are seeking a candidate who can demonstrate a real interest in catastrophic PI work, who is a team player with strong communication skills and attention to detail. We are also seeking a candidate who is familiar with working in a commercial environment.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Claire Bowden on .
Policies and procedures
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at DWF
Nurturing talent is very important to us. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will positively impact on our clients and communities in which we live and work. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
As an inclusive employer, DWF wants to see every candidate performing at their best. Please log in to Clear Talents at to tell us what reasonable adjustments you may need and to discover how we might improve your recruitment experience, examples of reasonable adjustments could include: additional time for exercises, a hearing induction loop, a request for information in an alternative format. DWF are committed to an ongoing programme of improvements to provide access to all.