Regional Support Analyst
- Full Time
We're helping people see waste differently - By transforming domestic and commercial recyclables into high-quality raw materials or energy, we're making a substantial contribution to improving both our customers' and the UK's resource efficiency. Gone is the traditional waste collection and disposal company, and in its place is a progressive and innovative recycling and resource management operation. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision. From user-friendly household waste recycling centres for the general public to some of the most advanced materials recycling facilities and energy from waste plants in Europe.
Regional Support Analyst - Permanent
£20-28k, Plus Benefits
Mon-Fri, 37.5hrs per week, Regional Office (and regionwide cover)
Viridor is a waste management company with over 3,200 staff. Over 1800 of these utilise ICT in some form and this opportunity is to support them in one of our key regional offices supported by the wider ICT department. This role will cover the regional support of any ICT enabled staff, site or equipment across the business through remote access and physical site visits.
The regional support team look after all sites, with incidents raised via an internal incident ticketing system by our service desk team. The regional team is supported further by 3rd line support departments covering desktop administration, infrastructure, networking, security, applications and many more specialist area’s.
This role will provide support, guidance, coordination and resolution against our change initiative, ensuring ICT best practice is adhered to at all times. Key activities will encompass problem resolution either on location or remotely with users & sites. Fault finding, escalation and communication with the Information Systems department and wider business is vital to the success of the role.
We are looking for someone who understands the vision and direction of the business in terms of the company’s overall goals and objectives, with experience of dealing with a wide variety of people with different ICT needs from a technical and non-technical level. Someone who is approachable, clear and can act as an ICT representative for the department with staff and third parties alike.
The role demands great problem solving skills, together with the ability to build relationships within the business. Able to upskill and quickly understand bespoke hardware and software configuration. Great planning and organisational skills are also essential in order to effectively prioritise tasks within a high pressure environment.
In return we can offer a basic salary of £20-28,000 and attractive benefits package, working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a Company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
This position will be offered as a permanent role based on a 12 month review period. A full UK Driving license is required as use of a company van will be provided.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- To provide 1st and 2nd line technical support for the regional users.
- To provide field support to the region on any technical issues/requests that cannot be successfully resolved remotely. These include but are not limited to issues relating to hardware, software, user guidance and infrastructure clarity, local area networks and telephony.
- Work with preferred suppliers in ordering for the department or on behalf of users as part of any service request within authorised limits.
- To work under the supervision of the Regional Support Manager, with daily workload supported by the Regional Support Supervisor and where possible, to self-manage their work and prioritise all regional work accordingly with the business demands.
- Managing the requirements of users within the business and the maintenance/replacement of all desktop PC’s, laptops and other equipment in line with department’s hardware lifecycle policy.
- Contribute as a key team member in helping to achieve the department’s aims, with respect to appropriate, efficient and effective solutions to the ever changing and demanding needs of the Company.
- To highlight opportunities, streamlining and promote new working practices in all process to alleviate the pressure on the regional team and wider IS Team.
- To support in the execution of infrastructure changes within the business lead by the project team ensuring project schedules are met.
Skills / Experience:
· Highly motivated and responsive.
· Accuracy with attention to detail
· Excellent organisational and communication skills.
· Experience installing, configuring and maintaining a wide variety of hardware and software.
· Recognised ICT certification or equivalent experience.
· A Full Driving Licence is essential to the role
To View the full Role Profile Click Here
Closing Date : 11 September 2017
Location : South East (Rochester)
Employing over 3,200 people, Viridor strives to be an environmentally, socially and economically sustainable business. All sites and services are operated under the company’s business management system incorporating the highest environmental, quality and health and safety standards.
Viridor won two important titles (Health and Safety Best Practice and Best Communications Campaign) at the 2012 Chartered Institution of Wastes Management Awards for Environmental Excellence. Viridor is a recent ‘Recycling and Waste Management Business of the Year’ winner at the National Recycling Awards.
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.