Client Support Trainer (Fixed Term Contract, 12 months)
Procurement Operations provides an infrastructure capable of enabling a top 5 (T5) global bank's sourcing function. To achieve this, we serve three main customer groups: Internal Customers, Suppliers and our Procurement teams.
The Procurement Operations team is responsible for the global Purchase to Pay (P2P) Policy on behalf of the Group. To achieve this, we design tools and processes that enable our internal clients to raise orders, and then pay our suppliers promptly and efficiently and in compliance with key controls.
The Client Support Team within Procurement Operations is a focal point for specific business functions/units and key contact for the Business Champions, including escalation point. The team supports Change Management activities relating to P2P and is responsible for ensuring adherence/compliance to the P2P processes.
- To be a point of training expertise in relation to the Sourcing systems and operational processes that are managed by Procurement Operations, with the aim of delivering effective training solutions in line with Barclay's policy and compliance requirements.
- To support and be accountable for education, awareness, training and communication to all business areas utilising our systems, tools and processes, whilst continually reviewing delivery methods and tools to provide best in class training support.
- To drive best practice and continuous improvement through training and support of colleagues within Sourcing, and throughout the business globally.
- Act as an SME for the P2P process and systems, supporting and problem solving end-user queries and to investigate and address P2P Compliance issues where requested, as part of the wider Client Support team.
TRAINING AND COMMUNICATION
- Support the global training strategy, enabling a consistent format across the department for all system and processes training requirements.
- For the designated modules, support and be accountable for training, education and awareness globally across Barclays.
- For designated area, ensure that the relevant intranet site remains fit for purpose and provides the appropriate amount of information to the business, providing direction and regularly updating where it does not for all areas of responsibility.
- Support or lead the development /updating and maintenance of generic and tailored education, training and awareness materials for all areas of responsibility.
- Draft and review business user communications for the Procurement Operations team, and upload onto internal intranet and systems where appropriate.
- Gain sufficient knowledge of all modules, strategy and operations as a whole. Be able to support the use, adoption and operation of all modules including supporting the development and maintenance of operational procedures.
- Act as an SME for the P2P process and systems, proactively identifying and resolving areas of weakness.
- Act as the voice of Procurement Operations when facing off to the business and feedback process and service requirements back to the Operations team.
PROCESS AND SYSTEMS EXPERTISE
- Ability to develop and create training courses and materials
- Strong PC skills to include proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and have Captivate expertise (essential)
- Understand the operational processes, controls and policies underpinning the use of the system, the system's business objectives, and opportunities for improvement.
- Drive adoption and appropriate use of the system within the user community to maximise the benefit of the solution through training.
- Support the procurement champions and end users in their understanding and use of the system via agreed forums to drive consistency and best practice in use of the application.
- Undertake benchmarking activities to establish the best in class solutions including training solutions for the end users and contribute to the refresh of the system and business strategy.
- Gather feedback on training delivery, its fit with business requirements, and effectiveness in driving compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
- Develop personal expertise with regard to Procurement's strategy, policy, processes, systems and initiatives with the ability to 'sell' the benefits to the business, and demonstrate these benefits and requirements across all levels where required.
PROJECT / CHANGE MANAGEMENT
- Participate in training related change or improvement projects from design through to deployment, including such aspects as resource, plan and issues and risk management.
MANAGEMENT OF AUDIT, RISK AND CONTROL
- Support the timely resolution of open audit or risk issues in relation to the relevant systems and processes, where training is required.
- Have an understanding of the regulatory and policy controls requirements associated with the designated area and update the related process documentation.
- Provide support where low usage or compliance or understanding of the Procurement systems and processes through supporting usage and compliance improvement initiatives, where training gaps have been identified.
MANAGEMENT OF SELF
- Be able to deliver training and on-going support through different methods e.g. classroom training, one to one support, WebEx etc.
- Meet personal performance management requirements through timely adherence to workload management, prioritisation and reporting requirements.
- Positively support and contribute to team building and team dynamics though personally displaying team attributes
- Undertake knowledge sharing and training within own and wider teams.
- Well organised and able to prioritise tasks, using judgement to manage/escalate issues
- Track record of delivery using structured training methodology and tools
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact at all levels
- Pragmatic with a logical and flexible approach to problem resolution
- Develops effective peer & working relationships within/across teams
- Leverages understanding of customers / consumers / suppliers / stakeholders to inform business decisions
- Excellent knowledge and experience of sourcing, sourcing processes and eProcurement systems best practice
- Experience in a procurement or system support / training environment, preferably SAP SRM and Captivate
- Good commercial awareness with an understanding of the financial services industry
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .