AVP Business Analyst
6 days left
- Flexible Hours
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information.
A bout Operations and Technology - IIT
This role sits within IIT (Industrialisation Information and Transformation) division within Operations and Technology of Barclays UK.
The Customer Management Platform is responsible for Technology that underpins Advocacy (complaints management) and Channels (relationship managed and third party collaboration). The Channels technology covers a number of applications built using the Salesforce platform. These include relationship and opportunity management capabilities for Business Banking and external facing portals for mortgage brokers, solicitors and introducers. There is a robust demand from business to exploit the platform for emerging business needs, integrating with digital and expanding coverage of existing business areas.
The role holder will be comfortable completing complex data analysis through to assessing client impact and experience. The delivery focused role will work closely with the project and business stakeholders to ensure smooth change management. The role holder may manage multiple work streams of project activity and will be expected to manage all aspects of the delivery life cycle from inception and design through to implementation and post implementation support.
- To provide support to identify, quantify, plan and control all business design and analysis related activity on change projects in order to support the high performance delivery of change projects.
- Helping develop and nurture relationships with Key Stakeholders
- Support and enable Solution Design for business requirements with CMP focus and working with other Barclays departments (technology delivery, business operations change)
Evaluation, Design and Planning (70%)
- Evaluation: As part of the delivery of business change, the Business Analyst will:
- Provide support to business design and business analysis functions on projects
- Work with business-side clients to produce clear sets of requirements which enable the business to realise their required benefits
- Support business case development in support of designs
- Oversee the delivery of pragmatic business and operational design solutions which maximise benefits while achieving the desired business outcomes
- Assess and design new business change processes, systems, products and services on a change project
- Plan Change: Ensure all governance, risk management, controls and compliance requirements are considered during development of requirements and designs
- Manage Change: Develop and implement new business change processes, systems, products and services on a change project. Provide an aggregate high level view of the combined proposed solutions and ensure alignment with the change solution. Manage interdependencies across projects/programmes and leverage synergies across projects/programmes to maximise return on investment. Review the to-be business process design to understand organisation/role impacts and create role descriptions for business process roles
- Build Executive Leadership and Commitment: Provide specialist, objective and analytical insight on all business design and analysis related activity on a change project. Lead / contribute (as appropriate) to Project, Programme and Cluster level Design Authorities
- Develop a thorough understanding of own clients environment, business objectives and goals.
- Work closely with other team members and other areas to deliver requirement artefacts that meets customer and colleague objectives.
- Support the building and nurturing of relationships to ensure all business, operational and IT change activity is assessed to ensure 'fit' and 'capability' within and across UK Retail Banking
- By harnessing a shared culture, identify current operational gaps/hotspots and help to put in place solutions to resolve
- Ensure Key Stakeholder feedback is provided and acted upon
- Coordinate and perform necessary testing and validation. Involving end users and others within the UK Retail Bank Team as appropriate to ensure confidence in the outputs
- Train end users as required, these users will be at varying levels in the organisation, sometimes more senior than the role holder
Key Performance Indicators
- Quality, accuracy, and efficiency of development and reporting code applied.
- Adherence and advocacy of Barclays Values.
- Contribution to team
- The role holder will be expected to travel to required Barclays sites on an as needed basis.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Experience of managing stakeholders at VP and Director level
- Developing strong working relationships with business units and function representatives to understand project objectives, ensuring this is reflected in detailed project lifecycle
- Communication with programme and project stakeholders, including other Project Managers, Business and Functional Leads, Project Steering Groups etc. as required, specifically, ensuring that the full range of stakeholders impacted by the project have the appropriate level of involvement, commitment and engagement through proactive communication and stakeholder management
Decision-making and Problem Solving
The role holder is expected to engage business to structure and analyse problems, often using data points from both business as well as technology teams. Analytical and quantitative approach to recommending options and solutions will be expected.
- Strong knowledge of CRM or Complaints Management domain, experience on Salesforce will be preferred.
- Strong stakeholder management
- Delivery oriented
- Excellent Interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Established core BA skills: requirements gathering techniques and excellent knowledge of BRD
- and Functional specifications
- Experience of agile project methodology (BACL) and associated gates
- Knowledge of SIT\UAT\OAT and performance processes including test case scenarios
- Technical knowledge (e.g. SQL) will be an benefit to assist with data analysis
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .